Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Almost a Non-Post

Happy Tuesday!

So this post almost didn't happen. I completely forgot my camera this morning which means that all of my meal pictures for the week are sitting comfortably at home. As I was looking through my pictures on my hard drive at work, I saw my failed attempt at buffalo chicken. Thinking it was better than no post at all, I decided to go with it.

I make my buffalo chicken pretty simple by using some fat free blue cheese and some hot sauce. I had a little bit of blue cheese left, so I thought this would be the perfect way to use it up.


Little did I realize that this sauce barely made enough for two pieces of chicken let alone 4!

Needless to say, I had no other choice but to wing it. I ended up with this guy, who is lacking in both picture quality and blue cheese sauce.


Sad, isn't it?

It still tasted good, but definitely would've been better with more blue cheese. Oh well, you can't win them all, right?

Question of the Day:
How do you handle failed recipes?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

I just love buffalo chicken! This looks really creamy and delicious, even if it was sort of a bust.
I handle a fail by turning it into something else. If I make a terrible chicken dish, I'll chop it up and add it to fajitas or make a quesadilla. Basically, add more cheese and call it a recipe!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks so creamy! I have to agree with Andrea...just add more cheese or marinara sauce ha

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Pout a little bit and then make KD :-)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually just eat my failed concoctions anyways since I never want to cook anything else or waste the meal!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

It sounds delicious, does that count? ;)

And I agree...cheese is always a help!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I always think failed recipes teach you more than successful ones. How do I handle it? Try to add something to it to make it better (if possible) or laugh and get takeout :)