Tuesday, March 23, 2010

10 Minute Meal

Thank you for all of your suggestions in yesterdays post. I loved them all!

Sometimes you just need a good, nutritious meal that can be made in a short amount of time. The husband and I had somewhere to go, and we had about 40 minutes to make and eat dinner before we had to leave the house.

I cranked the burners on high, and got ready to make some sort of taco/burrito thing.

I started with a chopped red pepper and an onion. I put a lid over it until they became soft. The lid helped them cook faster, which is always a plus!

Text Color

Next, I started working on the meat part of the tacos/burritos. I only had ground chicken on hand, so I cooked that up and added some taco seasoning.



While that was cooking, I pulled out all the toppings: fat free sour cream, 2% mild cheddar cheese, salsa and tortillas.



Before I knew it, it was time to eat! I quickly assembled my first taco/burrito.


The husband saw me taking pictures of mine, so naturally, he wanted a snap shot of his too.


It was fun trying to watch him roll it up. He loaded it up so much, that it was difficult to keep together!

A peek inside!

From start to finish, making the entire meal took about 10 minutes. The husband and I both loved it-it was quick, easy and tasty!

Question of the Day:
What are your favorite taco/burrito toppings?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Black olives and sour cream!!!! I love wraps. My hubby has the talent of being able to wrap them so they stay closed and tight ... I don't. He always has to do the wrapping in my house!

Lauren @ Eater Not a Runner said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks delicious, I love quick dinners :-)

Avocado is my fav topping for sure!

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said... Best Blogger Tips

There's this great raw taco recipe in Rawvolution that I love... from there I add corn salsa and red peppers. Ohm ohm!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooo soo delicious and quick! Tacos have to be one of the best meals around. I love sour cream, hot sauce, and avocado. And I like to use ground beef mostly. Yours came out perfect!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks delicious! Aren't husbands funny! Mine does the same thing with blog pictures. It's like he wants to be famous or something :)

Jenn said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks good. My hubby always wraps. My kids whine and complain if I do the wrapping! Ha!!! My favorite toppings are avocado and sour cream. Guess I like the fats!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love adding cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa!

Tricia said... Best Blogger Tips

black beans, black olives, sour cream are all favs of mine

Train Your Life said... Best Blogger Tips

has to be guacamole and fresh tomatoes!

i don't use ground chicken enough..looks delish

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Great looking taco/burritos! I'm like your husband, load it up and then it falls apart! Lately I've been into bean tacos and I add a ton of veggies, greek yogurt (as sour cream) and salsa and hot sauce!!

Ana said... Best Blogger Tips

Burritos yum, I love anything Mexican!!! Favorite topping would have to be guacamole :)

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I must have guacamole on anything Mexican flavored. I also like to have a bit of cheese as well. I love quick dinners.