Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hello, everyone!

Today, I am thankful for my brothers.

As many of you know, I'm the middle child....right in the middle of an older brother and a younger brother. Growing up, I always wanted a sister, but now, I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for my brothers.

At my birthday dinner a few years ago.

Growing up with boys was different than growing up with a sister. I played G.I. Joe's, ran around with super soakers, built tree forts (and snow forts) and was never afraid to get dirty. I have to admit though, for the first few years of my younger brother's life, I tried to make him play with my dolls. That didn't work out so well for me (as he hated it) and he still doesn't let me live it down.



Christmas, 2008.

My brothers understand me so well, and whenever I need advice, support or just a good "talking to," I know I can count on them to have my back.


Christmas, 2007. (Notice-it's one of the few pictures where I am not in the middle!!)

I know I am one lucky girl to have these guys in my life. Sure, there have been fights and screaming matches of "I'm never talking to you again," but now that we're older and (hopefully) more mature, I can honestly say that I can't imagine two better siblings to go through life with.


At my bridal shower.

We are a close-knit family, and I'm so grateful for that. Despite all of the pictures I've shown you above, when it comes down to it, this is mostly how we act.



True story.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

16 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the pictures :-)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Ha I love the pictures! I always wanted a older brother!

I am thankful for salt trucks! lol

faithfitnessfun said... Best Blogger Tips

Those are great pictures! And today I'm thankful for my brother as well. He is in town for the first time since last June and it's great!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet post! I've only started to appreciate my bro in the last few years!

I'm thankful for not having hamstring pain today! Yay!

Veggies 'n' Cake said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great post and I hope you share it with them. They need to know how much you cheerish them!

I have 2 sisters and as we've matured our relationships have grown. Sisters by god, friends by choice!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE IT! I always wanted a brother - they seem like a blasty! I tried to get my cousin Matthew to play barbies - my uncle is still mad about it. hehe today i'm thankful for the sun, work from home days, modern appliances, my great husband and company in the form of my baby shih poo!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for my best friend! She is always there to talk to me, and hang when a need a little pick me up.

Great post!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww what a sweet post. It's so nice that you have a close relationship with your brothers!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

That's so nice that you are close with your brothers. I am an only child, and often wonder how my life would be different if I had siblings. I am super close with my parents!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I love this post! I also love the pictures... I am thankful for my family. I don't know what I'd do without them sometimes...

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i have an older brother - he was so cruel to me growing up...we get along great today and i am thankful for that!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw you guys are so cute! I'm thankful for my sister and wish we lived closer!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am a middle child too :-)

I am thankful that my sister in laws surgery went well ... she had her gallbladder removed!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I always wished I had a brother! This is such a cute post !!!

Annette Solarski said... Best Blogger Tips

A little late on the post (story of my life), but Anne Marie, I'm not sure how many brothers would go to Hanson concerts with their older sister? And, you can't use the husband thing - that doesn't count!!! Good guy Kev!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have just one brother that would go to a Hanson concert with me-PLUS he had Lymes Disease at the time-what a trooper!!