Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!!

Is it just me, or is this week dragging? I feel like we should be at Friday already!!

With today being Thankful Thursday, I thought it would only be appropriate to be thankful for this chick:


My lovely and beautiful mom.

Ever since I was a little girl, I was attached to my mom's hip. In fact, I used to pretend I was sick in school so that I could go home and spend time with her. I actually missed her that much! Of course, I would miraculously feel better once I was home with her, and that behavior of mine stopped (but not after a few years of getting away with it!)

My mom has been the most supportive and loving person I have ever met in my life. If I grow up to be half the woman that she is, I'd be happy.


I can't tell you how much I cried when I got married. I missed being at home with my mom and it took me some time to get used to living with someone else.


Of course, it's only fitting that we shared a dance together at my wedding.

My mom is so special because there's never a day when I don't feel her love. She cares like no one else, laughs like no one else and loves like no one else. She also cooks like no one else, and I'd like to think I get some of my cooking "talent" from her.


Mom, me and Kevin down the shore.

When it comes down to it, I don't know what I'd do without her. She's my best friend on so many levels, and I thank God every day that she is in my life.


Love her!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to say my mom too, she is the best :-)

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet post!! I love my mom too - actually going home tomorrow for the first time in a while!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

I keep thinking today is Friday! So it must be dragging for me too... What a sweet post. I love my mom too and had the hardest time when my husband and I moved away.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Love this post! Your wedding picture is beautiful!

I have a great relationship with my mom and I'm excited to grow into a new relationship with her as a friend. I'm thankful for my family too!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a great post. Mom's are so important. As a mom I make sure to let my girls feel very special everyday.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

This post is so sweet! I love the picture of you and your mom at your wedding.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - she sounds like a wonderful woman and you are lucky that you have each other! Heartwarming post!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

So sweet! I love my mommy, too! SOOO MUCH! I am so grateful for getting to play hockey tonight and for not having work tomorrow!!!!! Woot 4-10's!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a sweet post! Sounds like you have a wonderful mother!

Well, today I am thankful that I didn't eat as bad as I thought! :D