Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Taste vs. Appearance

Happy Wednesday!

I woke up to some snow on the ground, but not as much as the weatherman predicted. I am SO excited about that. Apparently, it's supposed to snow pretty hard Friday night into Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that snowfall too! NO MORE SNOW, PLEASE!!!!

When I was looking up new recipes to try, I came across a one pan dish using cream of mushroom soup, paprika, chicken and rice. You can find the recipe here.

I started off with a can of this guy.


Next, I added one soup can full of water, 4 pieces of chicken, some rice and some chili powder (I didn't have the paprika that the recipe called for).

As I was making the recipe, I took pictures like I normally do, but this time I kept thinking "this really doesn't look appetizing at all!" I spared the pictures of the meal prep, but I will show you the final results.


Right out of the oven.


After the rice had absorbed some of the liquid.

I know that it may not look very appetizing, but I'm telling you, this recipe was really good. Plus, how can you beat a one pan meal that cooks chicken and rice in the same dish? Ironically enough, Jolene made something very similar on her blog yesterday, but her pictures look much tastier! Head on over and check it out!

I wonder what this would taste like using other soups.....tomato comes to mind as the next thing to try!

Question of the Day:

Have you ever made something that tasted good but didn't look so hot? What was it?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh gosh, I have totally made things that looked disgusting but tasted great! I make a Mexican Lasagna with tortillas and refried beans & cheese and it always comes out looking scary! But it tastes yummy!!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with the NO MORE SNOW!! It is wreaking havoc on my weekends.

Last weekend I made a beef stew that look so unappetizing, but it so good :)

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Sometimes I make oatmeal with amazing grass powder that turns it green. looks gross but still tastes delicious!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Ugh it's supposed to snow here too. I'm done with winter!

I'm sure I've made a lot of things that tasted amazing but looked gross. The only thing that comes to mind right now is bean burritos. Re fried beans never look appetizing but they're so good!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

easy dinners are the best! I woke up to a fresh blanket of snow this morning - UGH! But we still have quite few more months of it here, so I better get used to it ;)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Yep, I make a lot of things that don't look appetizing, but taste delicous.

My spinach/spaghetti squash/quinoa lasagna is one of them - no matter how I try to make it look good, it kind of looks like dog food with cheese! :D

Do you mind if I add you to my blog roll?

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

My tofu and veggie pb stirfry does not look good at all but damn it sure tastes good!

I am also crossing my fingers about Friday too. I have to work on Saturday morning and I hate driving in snow and ice

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said... Best Blogger Tips

I've made tons of stuff that looked terrible. Usually anything I bake (except muffins) looks like a five year old did it. I am just NOT a baker.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh gosh, everything? I make a lot of nasty looking dishes, but I still eat them, and so does hubby. The last thing was an Indian inspired dish. It was all brown. Ick!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I tried to make parmesean crusted salmon one time and it turn out horrible! No one would eat it and I got really upset. Admittedly, I am very touchy about my cooking. I hate failing with a recipe!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL - lots of the things I make looks ugly but taste great ... especially my leftovers that I take for lunch!!

I think other soups would work well - maybe cream of asparagus, or something!!

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it looks great! I'm all about all-in-one dishes! And pretty much everything I make isn't too pretty! : ) Butttttttttttt, I like to think it tastes pretty good ;)