Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shortcut Chicken Parm

Okay really? I'm done with this snow!! We're supposed to get another 12-20 inches tomorrow into Wednesday. Seriously, can we stop this mess now? I think the last few months, all I've been talking about is snow! I'm sure you are all getting sick and tired of hearing about it, too.

Moving on......

I got this idea when I was being extra lazy. I wanted to make chicken parmesan, but didn't want to bread the chicken first. (I told you I was extra lazy!!)

So, I did what I thought would be best. I started with a layer of gravy.



Next, I added my chicken and covered with cheese.




Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until the chicken is done.


Right out of the oven.

The best part was that I didn't even miss the breading. It was still so yummy and satisfied my craving for chicken parm.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite shortcut?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Sorry to hear about all of the snow :( I hope it stops!!! The unbreaded chicken parm looks like it turned out awesome! My shortcut tips aren't really shortcuts...I just like to do as much of my prep ahead of time as I can!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

That is a lot of snow!

I always try to use as few dishes/pots as possible to make clean-up go faster :-)

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Anything covered with cheese tastes good!!!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

It's supposed to snow hard here too. I'm not looking forward to it!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

We are also expecting a lot of snow grrrr...what happened to global warming??? ugh (lol)

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

oh smart! What kind of gravy did you use? Yum!

My shortcut: I set a 3-pound bag of chicken out. Once it defrosts naturally, I take it all out, cut it all up and divide it into 1-pound bitesize pieces to cook for 3 different recipes/12 servings total. It makes cooking a breeze to have the chicken already ready to go!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Gravy and cheese!!!! I am SOLD.

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I do the same thing with marinara sauce, yumm! Shortcuts? Hmmm...the microwave when appropriate? : )

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't know how you all are dealing with all that snow. We in New England have been spared.

I love your chicken parm. Short cuts...hmmm I will have to think about that.