Monday, February 1, 2010

More Spaghetti I Say!

Good morning and happy Monday! I had a fantastic weekend, although Saturday night was cut short because of the snow. We didn't get a lot around my area, but it was bad enough that I had to leave my mom's house early. Can't we be done with the snow already?

Yesterday I really wanted spaghetti....ya know....the kind you twirl with your fork? I don't make it too much during the week because it doesn't keep well. (P.S. That's why you see a lot of pasta bakes on the blog-they last much longer in the fridge!)

Last night I opened up the cabinet to take out the spaghetti and realized that I had less than half a box left, which wouldn't be enough for me and the hubby. I was lucky enough to find half a box of rotini, so I did what any good Italian would do.....I mixed them together!



And, since I had an abundance of peas from last week's dish, I added some of them in too, just to get in a veggie.


Yum!

I could seriously eat pasta every day. It's just that amazing!!

Question of the Day:
Which type of pasta do you like more-the kind you have to twirl, or the rotini/ziti type?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree- pasta rocks! Especially with added veggies. I prefer the ziti type, but when I make peanut noodles- I like regular spaghetti! Hope you're having a good Monday

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea to combine the pastas! I like plain old spaghetti, but my family usually prefers sprial or penne - my husband thinks sauce sticks to shaped pasta better.

I add baby spinach to my pasta for extra veggies - great idea with the peas though!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmm...I think I like the non-twirling kind because it leaves less of an opportunity for me to fling sauce all over the place!

I do love all the veggies in the pasta- great multi-tasking!

Leo @ cupcakes in Paris said... Best Blogger Tips

I too could eat pasta every day! I like every kind of pasta. When I was little, I liked the spiral kind the best. But now my favorite is linguine.

And I agree, great idea with the peas!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I like the twirling kind the best for sure :-)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

I could eat pasta everyday too... Having a kiddo is fun because they like all the fun shapes! Infact that's pretty much what we had for dinner :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I too could eat pasta every single day. I prefer to twirl!!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this post. All I ate this weekend was pasta! I like the rotini type usually :)

Nicole, RD said... Best Blogger Tips

I love linguine unless it's a pasta salad :) LOVE pasta!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i do like pasta in chunky funky shapes, but the best pasta i ever had was in italy (no surprise) - called pici - it was like a super thick spaghetti. i haven't seen it once in the states ANYWHERE!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

We lived on pasta growing up so these days I can take it or leave it ... usually leaving it. Although, there are moments I crave the twirl your fork around kind!!!