Friday, February 26, 2010

It's the Simple Things

Happy Friday!

I took the day off from work today-I'm too nervous to drive in the snow. When I turned on the TV today, the weather forecaster said not to venture outside if you don't have to.....so I took her advice.

Yesterday I had packed my lunch but when I was ready to eat it, I wasn't in the mood for what I had packed. Does that ever happen to you?

Since it was so cold, I wanted something that would warm me up and keep me satisfied. I got the idea to make my own mini pizza using a low fat wrap, a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce and less than a handful of cheese.

I baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes and ended up with this.


A nice, crispy, personal pizza!

I paired it with some chicken noodle soup and called it a meal.



The pizza was crunchy and delicious! It satisfied my craving for pizza without eating the real stuff.

Question of the Day:
What foods do you eat when you want to get warm?

I'll be MIA on Monday-I have jury duty.....lucky me! (insert sarcasm here)

Have a great weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Ummm, soup. I have been making soup like crazy lately to keep me warm.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely soup. Or stew.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

yum-o
Love your favorite cuz!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Soup works when I can make it! I also warm up with tea and anything spicy!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Hot cocoa is my all time favorite cold weather drink :)

I took the day off today too. Have a great weekend!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am the same way when it comes to the snow...I refuse to drive in it, I get so paranoid.

Soup or stew for sure!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Spicy foods keep me warm for hours! Love your tortilla pizza :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like an awesome personal pizza! I love to drink tea and eat a hot bowl of chili. So warming and comforting!
Yikes, jury duty is a drag. Good luck!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I love a good soup when it is cold outside or hot chocolate with fluff. So good!

Good Luck with Jury Duty. I have duty later on in the month. I am not looking forward to it!