Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm Stuffed

One of my favorite meals growing up was my mom's stuffed peppers. We didn't have them often, but when we did, there were never any leftovers. They take a little more time than pasta or chicken to make, but it's all worth it.


First, chop off the tops of 6 peppers and place them in a non-stick baking pan.




Next, combine 1/3 cup chopped onion and 1lb of ground turkey and cook until turkey is browned.



Once everything is cooked through, add in a 1lb can of diced tomatoes (drained), 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

Next, add one cup of mozzarella cheese and mix through.



The cheese is my favorite part!
Stuff all peppers and put them in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

After its baked, top with cheese and put back in the oven for another few minutes until the cheese is melted.

I have to admit that initially, I topped the peppers with cheese and then baked them....and the cheese came out very browned. I put new cheese on these peppers to cover it up a little bit!


I love stuff peppers so much! You have to try it!


Question of the Day:


Do you ever stuff vegetables? What's your favorite?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm I love stuffed peppers! :) These look incredible!

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

One of my favorite meals!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never had stuffed peppers but those look pretty good ;-)

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

They look amazing, I definitely want to try these babies!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

I love doing the same thing with red peppers. Soooo good :)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

My mom made stuffed peppers. She also added rice and they tasted really good!

Yours look delish!

I love stuffed veggies- eggplant, cabbage, peppers, and tomatoes are fabulous!

faithfitnessfun said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for posting this recipe!!! I love love love stuffed peppers and keep wanting to find a basic recipe, so this is just what I needed. :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've always wanted to make stuffed peppers. I've stuffed zucchini before but never peppers!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have made stuffed peppers a few times, and loved them every time. I need to make them, and other stuffed veggies more often.

Stuffed tomatoes and stuffed mushrooms are great too.