Friday, February 5, 2010

Butter Cookies

Happy Friday!!

The last time it snowed, I made a few batches of cookies. Since we are expecting another 12 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow, I thought it would only be appropriate to post another cookie recipe.

The husband loves butter cookies, so I thought it would be nice if I made him some drop butter cookies. Goodness knows that I'm no good with the cookie gun, so drop cookies were my best bet.

I searched all around and round a recipe for butter cookies here. I didn't make any changes because the husband isn't watching his weight. Pretty rare for me, huh?


The batter all mixed up.



Cookies after going into the oven.



Cooled and ready to eat!

Of course, I had to try one. The result? Not very sweet at all, which was kind of disappointing. The husband really like them, but for me, they were just okay.

Question of the day:
Snow or no snow? What's your preference?

For me, it's definitely no snow!!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

No snow for sure! Good luck with the storm :-/

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

So sweet of you to make a special treat for the husband! I bet he was thrilled. I'm def a NO snow kind of girl...in fact...I'm a if its below 60 I'm cold kind of girl :)

Ameena said... Best Blogger Tips

The cookies look great...sorry they didn't turn out!

I love snow but then again I live in Los Angeles so I never have to deal with it!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I've made that recipe before. Should have stuck to chocolate chip :)

I'm from North Carolina so no snow for me please!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

HAHA the last time it snowed, I made cookies too....maybe I should make some mañana...

I HATE the Snow, esp when I have to work, like mañana =/

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

No snow! It's a good thing we dont have a real winter or I would be one unhappy girl!

Hope hubby enjoys those cookies and that you stay safe!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't mind snow, I just hate the cold :-) -10 with some flurries, and I would be okay.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, at least those cookies look good!

As long as I have no plans to get ruined, then bring on the snow!

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

No snow! I'm a Louisiana girl and I just cannot handle the coldness of it!!

Liz said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never actually seen snow before :O Well, only on TV etc and I drove past it once when I was about 15 but it melted haha. So I say snow!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

depends...if I'm home baking and watching a movie, definitely snow. if I have to go to work or drive other places, definitely no snow :)