Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

Here we are at another Thankful Thursday! I have to admit that I usually have an idea of what the Thankful Thursday post will be about by the time the weekend is over. I'm not sure whether it was the time off that threw me for a loop or what, but I didn't have a clue as to what I was going to post about until last night.

Last night, the husband was working, which meant I was home by myself with a load of chores to get done, decorations to take down and school reading to do. I didn't want to completely tire myself out before the hubby got home, so I only did what was necessary. I threw in a load of laundry, took down almost all of the decorations and got some reading done.

It was about that time that I realized I needed to do some relaxing. My first thought was to grab the laptop, read some blogs and poke around on Facebook. Instead, I opted to do something else....another hobby that you might not know about.....


Yup, I crochet. My grandmom taught me how to crochet last year, and I've been addicted to it ever since. There's even a group of girls at work who crochet, and we've started meeting for lunch to indulge in our passion. We've named our little group "Stitch 'N Bitch." It's kinda funny how it started out as a once a week thing, and now it's turned into a daily event.


Right now, I'm working on a poncho. I've never made one before, so this might turn out very interesting!
When my nephew was born last year, I crocheted him a blanket. It was the first blanket I ever finished, and I was so happy that I was able to give it to him.
This was right before we went to see my nephew for the first time.
So, what exactly is it that I'm thankful for this Thursday? The ability to unplug from the computer, to quiet my mind, and to relax.
Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am not feeling well today, but I am thankful that I have a full time job so that I could take a sick day and still get paid.

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the blanket, and good luck with the poncho. I am thankful to have an extremely supportive family!

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for fruits/veggies that grow in our Earth. We are doing our garden layout today.

Love the blanket and the name of the group too;) Funny

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

That's so pretty! I agree that it's important to unplug and relax without depending on technology.
I am thankful for being done with data entry! After more than 60 hours of work, I emailed it to the statistician last night -- hooray!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for spending one on one time with mom today. Sometimes I love when it is just us two...and we get to reconnect. I took her to go see "It's Complicated"

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, that blanket is awesome! I wish I could crochet. I'd like to make one for my niece. Maybe I'm thankful that right now (with no job) I have the time to learn!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

hi