Monday, January 11, 2010

Really? I Didn't Know That!

Happy Monday! I keep telling myself that this time next week, I'll have the entire day off. YAY for national holidays!

This weekend was pretty relaxed, which was a nice change of pace. I had some things to do on Sunday, and when I came home, the husband had taken down our Christmas tree and lights around our banister. Yes, we still had them up (his suggestion, not mine!) It feels nice to have the house back in order, but at the same time, I sort of miss seeing the lights. It made our house so festive!

I've been looking for new ideas when it comes to making chicken, and out of all the ideas I've seen online, I think I'm most impressed with what I created this weekend.

I saw a few recipes for pretzel chicken that involved a lot of extra added fat, so I decided to create my own healthier version. I present to you Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken.

I took two servings of fat free pretzels....

This is only one serving, but you get the idea!


....and turned them into crumbs. Instead of dipping the chicken in egg whites, I dipped them in homemade honey mustard sauce.


I didn't have any honey mustard in the house, so I mixed two tablespoons of mustard and one tablespoon of honey and came up with my honey mustard.

See?


It was at this point when I realized how slow I can be to pick up on things. I didn't know that honey mustard could actually be made out of honey and mustard. Yeah, I'm serious. Please don't judge! I was so excited to tell the husband about my new information, and he laughed and looked at me as if to say "you're precious, hun." Haha. You learn things every day, right?


I dipped the chicken in the honey mustard and then in the pretzels. I baked the chicken for about 4o minutes in a 350 degree oven. They turned out looking like this:


All together now.

Close up!


I'm pretty excited to try this tonight. I'm hoping it tastes as good as it smelled baking!


Question of the Day:
Have you ever had a "duh!" moment? Please share!


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Chickie, you are like the queen of chicken! you should rename your blog lol

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Mari, that's hilarious!! I'm trying to incorporate more fish into my diet, but chicken is just so easy!!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I am definitely going to try this pretzel chicken, it sounds awesome! I am very excited for next Monday as well, no work, no school!!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great dish! Who doesn't love pretzels? So many duh moments I don't know which one to share haha

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks good!! To me honest, I'd be the same as you - I don't know, there are soooo many ingredients in stuff nowadays - who knows right??!!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to hear how your chicken turned out! It seems like something my family would like :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to hear how your chicken turned out! It seems like something my family would like :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

That chicken sounds great!! I don't make enough chicken ... I need to start making some of your awesome recipes!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh lordie, I have DUH moments half of my life!

I agree with Mari- maybe Health Chick could be the new name! I love honey mustard pretzels. I have a feeling my hubby would LOVE this!

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks great! I love chicken, pretzels, and honey mustard! I can't imagine how they will taste all together!

I still have my Christmas tree up! It's only about a foot and a half tall, but everytime I go upstairs I don't even think to bring it up!

preventionrd said... Best Blogger Tips

Jealous you get a day off next week! I have "duh" moments all the time. Today, for example, I completely forgot it was my friend's last day of work. I was out scrambling around on my lunch hour getting streamers and cake. Duhhh!

wizard12399@comcast.net said... Best Blogger Tips

The only DUH moment I had, was when you realized that honey mustard was made from honey and mustard. LOL. DUH. Love you.

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

what a fun new way to make chicken! I don't cook a lot of chicken because I get easily bored with it - great suggestion!