Monday, January 18, 2010

Pizza in the Morning, Pizza in the Evening, Pizza at Supper Time

Happy MLK day, everyone! I'm off from work today, which is a nice treat for a Monday. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom about my injury. I stayed off of my leg for the majority of the weekend and now it's feeling much better. I'm still not 100%, but I'll take this feeling over the pain I had on Friday any day. (That one was for you, grandmom!) And, for those that commented that they thought it was cute that my grandmom reads my blog.....I think it's pretty cool too :)

I wanted to share with you an new flavor of hummus I came across at the grocery store.


Yup-pizza hummus!!

My favorite type of hummus is Sabra's roasted red pepper. That stuff is amazing. However, when I saw that Tribe hummus was on sale this week, I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's what I was greeted with when I opened the container.

If you don't like hummus, this might not look too good to you.

I used it on my bagel in the morning and it was fantastic! It has a wonderful pizza flavor, and I can only imagine what it would taste like with some pizza sauce and cheese. I'll definitely be buying this again-it almost rivals Sabra's roasted red pepper hummus.

The nutritional information isn't bad at all-for two tablespoons it has 30 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber. If you're counting points on Weight Watchers, it's only 1 point!

I hope you all enjoy your day today!

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite kind of hummus? Or, if you don't like hummus, what's your favorite kind of dip?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I like the roasted garlic kind....but that looks delicious!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

omjesus I have to look for this hummus!

I love black bean hummus for this restaurant near my job

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm pizza hummus sounds amazing!

Glad you're feeling better!

Shannon82484 said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog and I'm pretty pumped to tune in! My favorite hummus is guacamole hummus. This Mediterranean place in Minneapolis (where I live) makes it, and it's great!

Shannon82484 said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog and I'm pretty pumped to tune in! My favorite hummus is guacamole hummus. This Mediterranean place in Minneapolis (where I live) makes it, and it's great!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I like just regular hummus with lots of garlic ... I love all kinds of dips!! I can't believe that you found pizza hummus!! Bizarre!

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

PIZZA HUMMUS?! yes, please!

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Hummus! My favorite is Roasted Garlic topped off with a bit of feta cheese. So good! I have never seen the Pizza one, will have to give it a try though if I can find it:)