Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pace Picante Sauce

Since classes started yesterday, I've been making bets with myself when it comes to blogging. If I read a few more pages, I'll read some blogs. If I start some assignments, I'll update my blog. It's minorly ridiculous! I really miss the last three weeks where I didn't have a ton of reading and writing to finish. Oh well-it's all for a good cause!

As part of Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program, I was sent two bottles of Pace's Picante Sauce. It's similar to salsa, but Picante sauce is ideal for cooking; whereas salsa was made for dipping. You can read more about it here.



For this recipe, I used the Mild instead of the Hot Picante sauce.

I wasn't exactly sure what I was getting into, so I stuck to the recipe on the back of the jar. Lame, I know, but before I use it for anything else, I wanted to know what it would taste like when used in a "tried and true" recipe.

The recipe was called Texas Two Step Chicken. I used one bottle of the sauce, three tablespoons of brown sugar and one tablespoon of mustard. The recipe called for Dijon mustard, but I only had original in the house, so that's what I used.

Mix ingredients together until you have a nice little sauce going.



This may look gross, but trust me, it's worth it.

Pour over chicken and bake until chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked.


It should look something like this.

The husband and I loved this so much that he wanted me to record a video of him tasting it. The sauce turns out to be an awesome combination spicy and sweet because of the brown sugar. From now on, any time I make any variation of salsa chicken, I'm adding brown sugar and mustard to the mix.

Question of the Day:
Have you ever tried Picante Sauce? What are your thoughts about it?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

HA I saw the commercial of the lady watching a cooking show and using this when she was cooking the Chicken Breasts and I wondered how it tasted....now I KNOW...thank you! I might go out and pick some up =)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Yummy! I'm definitely a "mild" girl. Or maybe a "medium"? For sure not "spicy" though!

preventionrd said... Best Blogger Tips

Love picante and that dish looks 1) easy and 2) delicious! Thanks for sharing! If husbands love it, you know it's a crowd-pleaser!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

oooh your salsa chicken looks good! I'm a fan of brown sugar and use it in a few recipes, especially crock pot ones!

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks good! I love salsa as Mexican dishes are one of my favs. I love a dallop of hot salsa on a baked sweet potatoe. It gives you that spicy/sweet combo. I also usually put a dallop of Low fat sour cream too. Thanks for sharing the yummy chicken;)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally do the same thing when it comes to school work! "If I type one more page of my paper, I can check a blog or my email etc."

Funny!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.