Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My (Not So Secret) Obession

Woo hoo for being at Wednesday already! I could really get used to these four day work weeks.

So, what is my not so secret obsession? Well, it's kitchen gadgets, of course! Over the weekend I had a craving for eggs. I was complaining to the husband that I like eggs, but to have them during the week when we are both rushing to get out the door seems like a not-so-smart idea. We usually leave our breakfast dishes in the sink until we get home, and the last thing I would want to leave is a pan that I cooked the eggs in. It just grosses me out.

Lo and behold, when I was shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond this weekend, I came across this guy:


Interesting, no?
It's a gadget that you can cook eggs in. You open the tray and are greeted with two slots for eggs.


See those ridges at the top? Apparently, you can warm sausage or bacon on that, but I haven't used that part yet.


This morning I cracked three egg whites into the container and added 1 tsp of water. I put it in the microwave for about minute. After one minute and no messy pan, I got this:


Perfectly cooked egg white in an oh-so-cute shape.


I paired it with my bagel and called it breakfast.



I can't tell you enough how much I love this new gadget. The best part? It was only $4.00. I'm a sucker for cheap stuff too......go figure!

Question of the day:


What's your favorite gadget?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw i love that, what a good idea!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweet!! Great for making a perfect egg sandwich!!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

very nice! i never thought to microwave egg whites. perfect for a quick breakfast

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh that is really cool...my favorite kitchen gadget is my blender lol

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally love kitchen gadgets too - my favourite is an industrial immersion blender/ chopper/ everything you need it to be gadget called the Bamix. It blows my mind.

The Paris Food Blague said... Best Blogger Tips

for me it's my mandoline!
a bientot!
The Paris Food Blague

Retta said... Best Blogger Tips

I want that! My fave kitchen gadget would have to be the de-core thing. I've recently learned to use one lol.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww what a cute little egg white puff! Right now my favorite gadget is my food processor.