Monday, January 4, 2010

The Holidays are Over, Really?

It's nice to be back to blogging, but not so nice to be back to work and school. Today I start my online class, and from the looks of it, it's going to be a lot of work. For some reason, I'm always overwhelmed at the beginning of the quarter, but the quarter is only ten weeks, so it's usually over sooner than I realize.

As you know, my blogging schedule last week was a little bit off, so I wanted to show you what I've been up to for the past week. Two days after Christmas, the husband and I went to see one of our best friends perform in the play "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." She played the role of Grace Bradley, and she did a wonderful job.



I found the star at the end of the play and needed to get my picture taken with her. I should've gotten her autograph too ;)

Before I knew it, New Year's Eve was approaching. Neither the husband nor I are big on the party scene, so we thought we would invite my best friend and her fiancee over to our house for snacks and to watch the ball drop.


The hubby and I before midnight.


Of course, the two best friends had to get a picture together. We've known each other for 14 years-can you believe it? I'm so excited to be her matron of honor when she gets married this May!


Wondering why I'm wearing a hat? Her fiancee always wears a hat. I've known him for eight years (and even introduced them to one another) and every time we're together, I steal his hat for a portion of the evening. It makes him annoyed, it makes me laugh, and somehow it all works out.

Ryan and Megan. I'm just now noticing that I must have had his hat on when I was taking this picture.

Of course, there had to be some snacks. I wanted to make this a relatively healthy snack fest, so I opted for a veggie plate with dip.

I'm a carrot and broccoli lover-can you tell? ;)


Some of the ripest strawberries I've ever tasted!


Megan brought over some chips and salsa and chocolate covered strawberries. I was so busy having fun, that I missed taking pictures of them.


New Years day was supposed to be one filled with lots of cousins and aunts and uncles. Unfortunately, my aunt was sick, so my mom hosted dinner with my brother and me.


Icing the cake with fat free cool whip.


Dinner was amazing. My mom made baked ziti, rolls and a salad.
The evening wouldn't be complete without me and my younger brother acting like fools.

I think this is one of my favorite pictures ever, even though my brother is squinting.


I wish I could go back in time and relive the past week. I had so much fun!


Question of the Day:
How were your holidays? Any memorable stories?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

My Holidays were great! I spent a lot of time with family and that is all I wanted.

I love the pic with you and your bro...too cute

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like all kinds of fun! I love broc and carrots too- I could eat them alll night long :) Happy New Year!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Our Christmas was super busy, but thankfully New Years weekend was very relaxing. Sad to see reality start again, but that is life!! Glad you had a good break!!

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm - fresh strawberries :). Happy New Year!! Question: your a FoodBuzz Publisher - how does this referral/payment thing work ...is it whoever visits your site that actually clicks on the Foodbuzz links posted??? That's what I thought it was...not that I cared - was just curious because someone else told me something differetn...hmmmm

preventionrd said... Best Blogger Tips

I know, they really are over :( Your holidays looks wonderful, and I hope you're easing back into things smoothly!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

My holidays were absolutely wonderful!! I had to go back to work today, and I died a little inside.