Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Fish Cooker

Hello everyone!

I have to say that you all had me hysterical over yesterday's post. I know I post about chicken A LOT, and it was hilarious to read some of the names you suggested if I ever changed the name of the blog.

The honey mustard pretzel chicken was a big hit for the hubby. He loved it. I thought it was good too, but next time, I think I'll add some more honey mustard. I could barely taste it!

Little did you all know, last week, my friend Gina asked me to try out some fish and put it on the blog. It might be a little known fact, but the husband and I both love fish! The reason you don't see it on the blog more often is because I make my meals ahead of time, and fish is something that you can't make and keep for the week.

This weekend, I was able to pick up some fresh Tilapia fillets, and I asked the husband to make them on the stove. Another little known fact-I'm terrified of cooking fish. We didn't cook it a lot growing up, and I'm afraid of leaving it raw. I have since named the husband the fish cooker of the house since he has no worries whatsoever.

We didn't do much to the Tilapia besides cook it with a little bit of non stick cooking spray.



Hanging out in the pan.

Before the fish was finished, the husband grabbed some Mrs. Dash and garlic powder and seasoned them.

Once they were done, he plated them with some couscous on the side.


Please excuse this picture. Initially, I had forgotten to take a picture of the cooked fish and poured couscous on top of it. In a scramble to get it off so I could take a picture, this was the result.

The husband said that he would love to have fish more often. I agreed, and I omise that you will see something other than chicken on this blog at some point :)

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite kind of fish? If you aren't a fish eater, what's your favorite food?

I love any fish that doesn't taste "fishy". Go figure!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mm I love fish too. Flounder is my favorite!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a fish eater, but trying to identify my favorite food is super hard! Maybe cereal with fruit . . . I know it's simple, but I love it!

sideofsneakers said... Best Blogger Tips

I like anything not "fishy" either. I usually only cook tilapia or salmon at home...sometimes tuna.

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Salmon and sole are my two favorites!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE fish! My favorites are tilapia, salmon, rainbow trout and grouper!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love salmon the most!!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't really cook fish at home but I love my mom's Salmon

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

My fav is Haddock and Tilapia fillets with some Cajun Seasoning on top. It's so good with some roasted red potatoes! We cook ours on the George Foreman grill. It's been a great addition to our home.