Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally Friday!

I can't tell you how happy I am that it's Friday! I'm always so happy on Fridays because tomorrow is Saturday, and you really can't beat that!

As part of Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program, I was sent some products from Special K to review.


Low fat granola and fruit crisps.

I haven't tried out the granola yet, but I've been snacking on the fruit crisps for a few days. They come in packages of two, and they are 100 calories per package.


They are pretty fragile and break at the slightest movement.
See?


It's pretty worth it though, because the cracks make for good food pictures.


I received the strawberry flavor, and I really liked them! I particularly enjoyed how much fruit filling was in each bite. The fruit crisps weren't very hard. In fact, I thought they had a nice texture of crispiness that made them taste fresh.


They only thing I wasn't thrilled about was that it wasn't a very filling snack. I'm not sure if I would buy them based on that fact alone. I ate these a lot during work before lunch, and they never held me over, despite the fact that they tasted awesome.


I'm so excited for this weekend!


The husband and I are spending time with my mom, which will be really nice.


Question of the Day:
What's your favorite filling snack?


My favorite filling snack is a piece of fruit. If I'm going for a snack that has volume and fills me up, I'd definitely say popcorn.


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

14 comments:

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite filling snack is carrots with Kraft 3 cheese ranch dressing for dip:) Good stuff! Have a great weekend Anne Marie!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said... Best Blogger Tips

I, like most bloggers, love bars for snacks. Luna bars are my fav. I also like hummus and crackers :)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the raw Lara Bars. They are delicious, even my girls eat them.

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Larabars, or some yogurt and fruit. Those don't look filling enough for me!

faithfitnessfun said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite snack is a bar of cereal. Those special K crisps do look good, though.

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I try to stay away from prepackaged snacks as much as possible. My favorite snack is probably a sandwich thin with a tbsp of peanut butter and sugar free jelly. It's around 200 calories and great workout fuel!

I am really excited its Friday, but alas I have a very busy weekend. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

my current favorite "filling" snack is celery and peanut butter. or popcorn. my favorite non-filling snack is gummy bears :)

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

My husband makes the best homemade popcorn - I am sure its got tons of butter and Parmesan cheese on it, that's why!

How many carbs in those strawberry things? I usually stay away from those because of the high carb count.

Have an awesome weekend!!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I think Fig Newton makes a similar bar. I agree, a snack has to be able to get you to your next meal otherwise it's not doing it's job!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite most filling snack is a banana with peanut butter. And if I'm on the run, I love luna or clif bars :)

Have a great weekend with your Mom!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

My favourite filling snack is cheese and crackers!

How do you become part of that FoodBuzz program?

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

My fav. snack is definitely Chobani or hummus and crackers! =]

lynn @ the actors diet said... Best Blogger Tips

i love making what i call a stripped-down miso soup:
http://theactorsdiet.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/lynn-i-cant-believe-its-vegan/

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Hope you had a great weekend! My favorite filling snack is pita + hummus!