Friday, January 15, 2010

....and She's Injured!

Yeah, what a not so great way to start of the weekend! I went to the gym on Wednesday and did one of those 30 minute circuit training workouts. I think I went too hard on the cardio part and now my calf feels so tight and I'm limping. I hope that the pain goes away soon! The hubby keeps calling me gimpy, and although it gets me to laugh, it's starting to become annoying!

So, what do I do when I'm limping around and feeling sorry for myself? I try this free chocolate sample that I got in the mail forever ago.

Betty Crocker Warm Delights Molten Chocolate Cake.


For only 150 calories, you get to make a chocolate cake in the microwave in less than a minute.


It comes out looking like this.
Pretty tasty, no?


All in all, I thought this was a great little treat. It was very tiny though, and I found myself wanting more of it after I was all done. I wouldn't buy this in the store unless they were on sale. From what I remember, they can be a pretty expensive little treat!


I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Does anyone have any tips on how to make my muscle relax so that I can walk normally again?


Question of the Day:


What cheers you up when you are sad?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

14 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey anne marie its allison and grandmom! We love reading your blog!! Hope you feel better!!

Love al and Grandmom

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Allison and Grandmom!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Love you both!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Hope your leg feels better soon!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said... Best Blogger Tips

Make sure to stretch out your leg. Flexibility will keep you from being injured.

My hubby usually cheers me up.

Julie @ Pickley Pear said... Best Blogger Tips

Try using a foam roller to stretch out/massage the muscle...the foam roller is my 'wonder drug' for injuries :) Your hubby sounds nice, I need to find one of those!!

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh no! I hope you're not gimpy for long, girl! That little cake looks good - i've never tried those!

My little family cheers me up - I think having puppies around is an instant cheer-up!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww, hope your leg is feeling better! I hate injuries, just make sure you don't work it too hard and make it worse!

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

Hope your calf feels better soon Anne Marie:) I agree with the chocolate cake, I would want more too!

What cheers me up is seeing my kids laugh or my husband give me a hug.

megan said... Best Blogger Tips

i got one of those in the mail forever ago too. I made mine recently, but I didn't like it too much. Although I'm not a big chocolate cake fan, so that could be why. hope your leg feels better!

preventionrd said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh no :( I hope you feel better soon. A good chat with my mom always makes me feel better. And cuddling with my puppy! P.S. Love that your grandmom is commenting - so cute!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh no! Feel better! I'm not sure if this would help, but maybe tiger balm? I used to use it all the time after pointe class.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Ouch! Sorry you are injured! I am injured every other day, it seems like! A cup of new tea (preferable an impulse purchase) makes me feel loads better. I hope you feel better soon!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

When I am sad my nephew or hubby cheer me up. Shopping sometimes cheers me up too :-)

That chocolate lava cake thing looks awesome! And it is Weight Watchers!! I can't believe it!! I need to try one of those.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you are feeling better! Make sure you stretch it out...

My niece always puts me in a good mood =)

BTW I love the fact that your grandma reads your blog!