Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Wonderful Clock

On Sunday, the husband and I had a Christmas party to attend. I volunteered to bring a dessert. I've been wanting to try this recipe for Mini Brownie Candy Bars, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

I was a little leery because it doesn't remind me of a brownie or a candy bar, but more like a blondie.


Before going into the oven.


All cut up and ready to go.


I got a lot out of that little pan!

I thought that they could have tasted better, but the people at the party gobbled them up like they were going out of style. My guess is that it's because I prefer chocolate over vanilla. I think I would make them again, but I'd have to be in the mood for them. They certainly were easy enough!

At the Christmas party, everyone was asked to bring a gag gift. We all drew numbers and picked out our presents. My husband was so excited when he opened the gift and came across this clock.



The happy husband with the lovely clock.

We were told that the clock didn't work, but the husband was determined to prove the former owners wrong. As soon as we got home, he found some batteries, and lo and behold, we now have a working clock! You should have seen the look on his face when he realized it worked. He was more excited than a kid at Christmas!

Needless to say, we still haven't hung up the clock for fear that the once an hour chime will keep us up all night. Some day, though, it'll grace our walls with its presence. haha.

Question of the Day:
Chocolate or vanilla? Which do you prefer?

I love chocolate, and I always opt for it over vanilla.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

HAHA love the clock and yay for making it actually work!
Mmmm chocolate AND vanilla...love them both!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

that's awesome that it just needed batteries!

chocolate all the way :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a vanilla fan myself.

Awesome pick for the husband - I love old clocks. I'm hoping my great grandma will give me her cuckoo clock some day :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am usually a chocolate fan - except I choose vanilla milkshakes over chocolate.

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Great grab bag gift! We actually have a similar clock.

I love chocolate, however if it's ice cream, I like a vanilla base!

Nicole M., MS, RD, LD said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice clock ;)

Those bars look good! Light and fluffy!

Chocolate, unless it's ice cream or frosting : )

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love vanilla with a swirl of chocolate =)

Ha your hubby is to cute with his clock lol

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

That's hard..I would probably choose vanilla. Who knows! lol

Your husband is too funny with the clock! Glad he got it working!!

Mom on the Run said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that he got that clock to work.

I am whatever I am in the mood for. Some days chocolate some days vanilla!