Friday, December 4, 2009

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

Sometimes blog titles come easily, sometimes not. Today's title just seemed to flow, even if it is a little bit dorky!

As I've probably mentioned a gazillion times, my friend Gina and I swap daily e-mails about everything and anything food related. On one particular e-mail, she mentioned that the pieces of chicken on the blog look fairly large. My explanation is that they are from BJ's. She was curious to see how much one piece weighed, and to be honest, I was wondering myself. So, I did what any inquisitive blogger would do. I pulled out my trusty scale and weighed it. This one's for you, Gina!


Even though it's a little dark, this piece of chicken weighed in around 7 1/8 ounces. Believe it or not, this is one of the smaller pieces in the ginormous bag from BJ's.

I kept things simple and poured some garlic marinade over the chicken. Honestly, I think this could easily have been Italian dressing in a bottle with added garlic, but it was still some good stuff.


Baking away.


The finished product.

See the knife slits? Am I the only one who does this? I am so paranoid about making sure the chicken is completely cooked before removing it from the oven. I think it's about time I invested in a meat thermometer. That would at least make for a prettier presentation.

Question of the Day:

What are you up to this weekend?
I have a Christmas party tomorrow night and I'm supposed to make some sort of dessert. I'm thinking some sort of peanut butter fudge (made in a lighter way, of course!) might be the way to go.

I hope you all have a fabulous day and weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

I would say a meat thermometer would be a good tool for you LOL! That way all the juice won't run out. We love ours. Looks good!

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely invest in a meat thermometer - I have digital one that has a remote - I can be 100 feet away and still see temp of the meat - I've never under/over cooked meat since having it! :D

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Biz-That sounds so awesome! Maybe I'll add that to my Christmas list :)

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I do the same thing! Maybe a meat thermometer is a good idea ;-)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

whenever I make chicken, it is usually very well done so I never have pink lol...

I don't have any huge plans this weekend besides work at the gym and spend some time with family

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally freak out about under-cooked poultry and poke at mine all the time. I have a meat thermometer that I should probably start using!

This weekend we are seeing some friends, doing grad school homework, and getting in some workouts!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I ALWAYS cut my chicken. Who cares if there is a slit? Do it on the underside then flip it over for presentation!!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

yay! i'm a blog star again!

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Have a great weekend girl! I'm on a course alll weekend :(...blah no time for anything and back to work on monday -oye - Xmas is going to be here and gone...oh well, you do what you have to do - suck it up right? love chicken. and love your idea for dessert ...mmmmm

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am having a Christmas party at my place tomorrow - I can't wait!

I totally slit the chicken too :-)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I have absolutely no plans this weekend, except for working. Have fun at your party!

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I slit the chicken too..and sometimes I'm still not convinced it's cooked all the way through!

My plans include watching the Florida/Alabama game and then seeing Aaron Neville in concert!! =]