Monday, December 14, 2009

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Hello everyone!


Since the weekend was jam packed with events, the husband and I took the day off from work. I will post a recap of the weekend in tomorrow's post, but for now, I wanted to share with you a recipe for tuna noodle casserole.



A few months ago, while I was cooking out my freezer/cabinets, I came across a box of Tuna Noodle Helper that needed to be used. You can read all about it here. While it wasn't necessarily terrible, it wasn't anything stellar either. I don't know whether it was because I never really grew up eating the stuff or because I don't particularly like tuna noodle casserole, but I wanted to give it one more shot. This time, however, I decided to go the homemade route.

I found the recipe online here. Since I wanted it to feed the husband and I for three days, I doubled the recipe. It's quick, easy and cost effective! In fact, I had most of the ingredients on hand, so it only cost me $3.34 to make the entire meal.


The recipe called for 10 ounces of pasta. I wondered what that looked like, so I weighed it.

It's much more pasta than I thought!

The only thing I would change about this recipe is that there are a ton of breadcrumbs on top. I only used about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, and even that amount was pushing it!

See what I mean?

Since there's not much to look at, I took a picture of it when I was ready to eat. Please excuse the ketchup and hot sauce. I'm an addict of both.


Not the best picture, but at least you can see the noodles and peas!

All in all, I thought it was a great meal for the price. It was much better than the Tuna Helper that I tried a few months ago, and obviously healthier too!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of casserole?

I always bake my ziti in a casserole dish, so does that count? haha

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

THANK YOU! I have been wanting to make this but never have in the past so I was hesitant. I might try it out =)

I heart casseroles so it would be hard to just pick one lol

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love all kinds of casserole, but tuna is def. one of my faves!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I make casseroles without knowing it! I don't have a favorite since I make them up!

P.S. I always have ketchup and hot sauce- an addiction!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

[... ] is one great source of information on this topic[...]
http://autoinsurance.cheap-quotes.info/