Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck here at work today, despite the fact that none of my bosses are here. They need coverage in case someone decides to show up. Oh well, at least today is a half day!

I'm excited to get the Christmas festivities started. Tonight, I'm going to church with the husband and then we are going to my in-laws. Tomorrow morning, we'll be at my mom's house and then we're heading to my aunt's house (which is literally right around the corner from my mom). I can't believe that it's really going to be Christmas tomorrow-where did the time go?

Since it's Thursday, today, I'm thankful for the silence. I'm the type of person who likes noise. I always have to have something on, whether it's the radio or TV. Noise is a part of my everyday life-it has always been that way.

The husband, on the other hand, truly values quiet and silence, and will opt for silence every chance he gets. In his opinion, the world is too noisy and the chance for complete silence is rare and should be treasured.

With all of the snow we got last weekend, the husband and I had the perfect opportunity to experience the silence. Despite the cold and snow, the husband wanted to go for a walk outside. I thought he was crazy, but we had nothing better to do, so I took him up on his offer.

We bundled up and headed out, but snapped a picture first.


Don't mind me....I had just woken up. After the baking spree last weekend, all I could do was sleep!

Our normally fairly busy street was quiet.....and it was amazing.



The only cars on the road were the ones that got buried under the snow.

We had to make a stop at the house down the street. It has the most festive decorations on the block. Some of the neighbors think the owners went a bit overboard, but I'll keep quiet and just leave you with the picture. Keep in mind that there was music playing in the background when we walked by, and you can't even see all of the lights because some of them were covered with snow.


Interesting!

The walk was really nice, even if we were only out for a few minutes. I realized that sometimes, silence is a good thing. It's so different from the noise of every day life.

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

I can't forget to mention that I'm thankful for baby Jesus coming this Christmas. A baby changes everything. (LOVE that song by Faith Hill.....)

Merry Christmas Eve!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

preventionrd said... Best Blogger Tips

Great "wingin' it" on the video -- it's great!

You and hubby bundled is so cute : )

I am thankful for being home with my families -- husband and puppy, and then my parents and brother. And getting to see the extended family tonight : )

Merry Christmas...enjoy those WW cookies!! : )

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Today I am thankful that I have nothing to worry about - I just get to spend time with my family and enjoy a beautiful turkey dinner at my dad's.

Tricia said... Best Blogger Tips

Merry Christmas!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow great lights! I am thankful for time with my family!

sophia said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for the same thing you are for today! Thank the Lord for sending His son for us!