Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I think I say this every Thursday, but I really like these thankful Thursday posts. I'm not kidding when I tell you that every day, I look for little things to be thankful for. I knew that I found the idea for this post last Sunday, and I couldn't wait to share it with you today.


Today, I'm thankful for unexpected messages. On Sunday morning, as I was making breakfast, I noticed that the paper towel roll was empty. I picked up a new roll, loaded it on the dispenser, and was greeted with this message.


Cute, isn't it?

Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you, but it was a huge deal to me. You see, I am a mommy's girl. From the moment I was born, I was inseparable from my mom. I even had a difficult time going to school because I wanted to be home hanging out with her. I eventually grew out of that phase (even if it wasn't until sixth grade), and our relationship turned from one of mom/daughter to best friends. When I say that my mom is one of my best friends, I honestly mean it.

The husband and I never lived together before we got married, and I had never lived on my own. My first night in our house, I cried. Even though I'm only forty minutes away from home, I felt like it was hours. After many discussions with my mom, she told me that it took her almost a year before she felt like she adjusted to life with my dad.

I couldn't even imagine an entire year of up and down emotions, but here I am, a little more than a year later, and I am adjusted. I finally feel like my home is truly my "home sweet home" and I love being there. I'm just lucky that I had a very supportive husband who loved me through all of the emotional craziness.



Seeing that little message on the paper towel really made me smile. I'm thankful for it for sure!



Speaking of unexpected messages....
On my birthday, my brother and sister-in-law gave me a card from my nine month old nephew. They held the pen in his hand and signed his name. I'll be keeping this card forever. I cherish the little writing, even though my brother was holding his hand to do it. I love my nephew, and am so smitten with the little guy!

I don't think I'll be taking down this card any time soon!


On a side note, I'm taking off from work the week between Christmas and New Year's. I'm not sure how my blogging will be, but I'm hoping it's not too sporadic. If anyone is interested in doing a guest post, please feel free to e-mail me at abinns3142@aol.com.


Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post!! You are so sweet. I think it is fabulous that you have such a great relationship with your Mom. It is so important!

Today you made me even more thankful for my relationship with my little girls (2 & 4). Thanks!!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Great Post love, I look forward to these =)

Today I am thankful that I will get to spend the holidays with everyone that I love =)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

That's awesome, Dawn!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

This was a really sweet post--I love how you write about your mom! :)

burpandslurp said... Best Blogger Tips

I need to do a Thankful Thursday too like you. I have so many things to be thankful for, but I don't even consider them!

Today, I'm thankful that I'm returning home...despite my previous ambivalence, I'm now itching to return home to the embrace of my parents!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for a warm house over my head in this terrible cold weather.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I'm sure I'll cry once I finally move out too! I cried when they dropped me off at college lol.

Annette Solarski said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it was more like 8th grade than 6th grade!!! Do you remember how many times you visited the Nurse? Just kidding! Cute post.