Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Here we are again at another Thankful Thursday! I can't tell you enough how much I've been enjoying these posts. It's a lot of fun going through my days looking at all the things I have to be thankful for. You should try it some time....it's pretty addictive!

Today I am thankful for the first snowfall of the season. When it comes to snow, I'm normally not a big fan. Yes, it makes everything look beautiful, but I'm terrified of driving in the snow. I've tried driving in it a few times, but the minute the car starts slipping, I freak out.

On the other hand, I'm thankful for the first snowfall of the season this week because it was simple and pretty. Even though it was coming down in droves, the ground wasn't cold enough for it to stick to the streets. What we ended up with was just a hint of snow around us. It almost had a magical feel to it.


I tried to take a picture of it snowing, but as you can see, it didn't turn out that well.


This one's a little bit better. See? Not much snow at all.

How do you feel about the snow? Love it? Hate it? Indifferent?

On a different note....

I'm super excited for this weekend, even though it'll be busy. Tonight I'm going food shopping, tomorrow is dinner with the hubby and in-laws, Saturday my family is coming over to my house for my birthday and Sunday (my actual birthday), the husband and I are going to another Christmas party at night. Thankfully we have Monday off from work. Sometimes you just need a weekend from your weekend!

Question of the Day:
What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for this past year...I have been through a lot of things but I came out on the ther side!

I like the snow when it is falling but I don't like it when it sticks on the ground lol

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

What an awesome thing to be thankful for, Mari!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

As always I am thankful for my girls and hubby ... but this week I am super thankful for our new addition ... Daisy. She has made me appreciate walking in the brisk weather again!!!

PS: Have a WONDERFUL birthday!!

Kristen @ Simply Savor said... Best Blogger Tips

i am thankful for the sunshine today!! puts me in such happy mood :) great post, enjoy dinner with your inlaws!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I was so excited for this first snow. I'm really hoping for a white Christmas!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish it snowed in Southern California! :(

I am thankful for my health.

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the snow. And the first few times I use the snowblower, its fun, but by the middle of January I cannot wait for spring!

Happy Early Birthday!!

Today I am thankful for my co-worker who brought in a Firm tape for us to do at lunch - 40 minutes of weights and kickboxing!

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

I like snow. I don't like shoveling it that much (even though it is a good workout!).

I am thankful that I work at home when the weather is like this!

Tania @ Moment Anew said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for the snow, just not so thankful for the drivers :P

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful for being in a good mood today- the mean and angry me is no fun!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love snow, but I hate the cold! I am thankful that I am getting a massage tonight!

Nicole M., MS, RD, LD said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful to have found a new blog to follow!

sophia said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful that it's not snowing HERE! Haha! I hate snow! But I guess if it DID snow here, I'll find a way to be thankful, too.