Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Hello everyone! I'm in a super mood today-the sun is shining, it's relatively warm, and it's almost the weekend. What more could a girl ask for?

There is so much to be grateful for today. The husband and I are going to our first Christmas party of the season on Saturday, and I wanted to make a lower-fat dessert option. I searched our bookcases and found some old Weight Watchers magazines that I have kept over the years. As I started to page through the magazine, I saw some interesting articles about health, recipes and wellness. I reread some pages and found myself thankful that I still kept them. This magazine is the one subscription that will never get tossed. There's countless pieces of information in each one!



This is only a sampling. The rest are in the crawl space in the basement.

I could only thumb through the pages in my most comfortable pajamas, complete with these warm fuzzy socks. I'm thankful that my feet don't have to freeze in the winter.


Cute socks+warm feet=one happy girl!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm thankful for thoughtful neighbors. Whenever our neighbor sees me carrying grocery  bags or sees the husband working on the house, he always offers to help.  I should mention that he has severe back pain and wears a brace every day. 

On Sunday, the husband and I finally faced the fact that we needed to do something about the leaves.  There were tons and tons of leaves on our lawn and our neighbor's lawn. Since we essentially share a lawn, we decided to share the task of raking, mowing and gathering the leaves. I really should have taken a before picture, but when all was said and done, our lawns were spic and span.



Our side of the lawn. See the trash bags next to the trashcan? That's only half of the leaves we raked!


The neighbor's side. He took the other half of the leaves and put them out in his trash. I wasn't kidding when I said that there were a ton of leaves on our lawn!

Sorry about the glare in the above photos. I was taking them from inside because it was way too cold to be outside!

Question of the Day:

What are you thankful for today?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie











10 comments:

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thankful that its 60 and sunny today :-)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

damn ENR stole my answer lol...I am thankful for that AND I am thankful for another crazy season of Bad Girls Club (don't judge lol)

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the socks! :)
I'm thankful that it's almost FRIDAY! hehe

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post- I'm always thankful for warm socks :) Great job on the leaves- that is such a HUGE job. I am thankful for getting our Christmas tree this upcoming weekend, healthy fruits and veggies, nut butter, my awesome participants in my group fitness classes and being happy and healthy. oh and starbucks haha

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute socks! Have fun at the party :) I am so thankful this semester is almost over! 2 more finals to go!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for Richie, our handyman who installed our automatic garage door opener today!! Woo hoo!! No more taking groceries out in the rain.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like you live on a very nice street! I am thankful that I am going for a 90 minute massage this evening - bliss!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful that I remained calm all day at work today and that my boss will not be in tomorrow!

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

Those socks are adorable! I could totally use a pair right now!!

momentanew said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww, your neighbour is so nice! It just warms my heart :)