Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Surprises are Fun!

More on the surprise part in a minute....

First, I wanted to share with you a recipe for chicken that rocks my world. I think I like it so much because the sauce is sweet, and it compliments the chicken very well.

I mixed the following together:

ketchup
brown sugar
lite teryiaki sauce
rice wine vinegar


It almost looks like bar-b-que sauce, but it's definitely not!
Pour it over the chicken and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Before going into the oven.

After!
There's not much else for me to say except that the husband and I liked it a lot.
I think at some point I'm going to run out of things to put on chicken! I know that chicken is so versatile, but there are definitely times when I think I've exhausted my options!
So about the surprise.....
I know a lot of people don't like surprises, or getting surprised, but I'm not one of them. I think it's a lot of fun on either side of the coin.
For instance, when my family threw my bridal shower, I was completely surprised. I thought I was going to my aunt's surprise birthday party....I even walked in with a bottle of wine for her! One of my friends snapped this picture of me as I was walking in to the restaurant.

See? Totally surprised and laughing!
Yesterday, as I went to lunch, one of our delivery guys at work came in with a box from Proflowers. The box? It was for me, and I was so surprised!
The husband sent me gerbera daises for my birthday (which isn't until the weekend). He wanted me to have them early in the week so I could enjoy them at work. He works in the shipping/receiving department, so he gets the privilege of delivering flowers to various people. He told me he loves watching people get flowers, and he wanted me to have that same feeling. I know, I know, I am a very lucky girl.
Of course, I couldn't talk about the flowers without taking pictures, so here are two for your enjoyment.

Question of the Day:
Do you like surprises? Why or why not?
I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it's raining incredibly hard here in Philadelphia. There are flash flood warnings and everything-it's insane! I hope that this weather clears up before I go food shopping tonight! Rain+food shopping=no fun!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie


18 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love suprises too!

Yums that chicken looks good...I am a condiment girl so I know I would love this

biz319 said... Best Blogger Tips

That was so sweet! I love surprises! I have a twin sister and her husband threw us a surprise 30th birthday party - even my brother came in from Iowa!

My husband? Not so much. He is turning 50 next year and has already said "no surprise parties!"

burpandslurp said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not much of a surprise person...I never know how to react, and end up feeling stupid. Some people are more of a natural in this! haha!

Instant BBQ sauce! Cool!
Another way I do it is to mix ketchup, soy sauce, and a tiny bit of maple syrup.

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

I love surprises, but I like surprising other people more :)

Honeycombmama said... Best Blogger Tips

Great Blog! I love surprises. I have a hubby like that as well, they are gems;) Happy Birthday to you!

Chicken looked yummy!

Try this one: Honey Mustard, Parmesan cheese, minced onion & Garlic on top. Bake at 350 So good!
Have a great weekend!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I absolutely LOVE surprises (good ones), but I have never really had any in my adult life! I have thrown a few surprise parties for people, and even surprised my hubby with a trip to Vegas for our 5 year wedding anniversary! I love to surprise people whenever I can.

Sana said... Best Blogger Tips

What a lovely surprise! You have a very sweet and thoughtful husband! I love surprises- I don't get too many :(

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

I had gerbera daisies in my flower pots this year. They are so colorful and cheery. What a nice surprise! I love flower surprises like that :D

monicaonthego.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes I love surprises! But rarely get them, I am too nosy. Flowers are lovely.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Howdy! Woulԁ you mind if I share уour blog wіth my zynga gгоuρ?
Thеre's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

my web-site :: uinlo.livejournal.com
Also see my web site > http://www.blogster.com/uinloofficial

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Whatѕ up very nice blog!! Man .. Beаutiful .
. Ѕuperb .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally? I am glad to seek out so many useful info right here in the post, we need work out extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Have a look at my web blog: haine Copii

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty sectiοn of cοntent. I just stumbled uρon
your weblog anԁ in accession capіtal
tо assert that I acquire aсtuallу enϳoyed аccount your blog posts.
Anyway I ωill be subscribing tо your feeds аnd even I
achiеѵement you acсess cоnsistently quickly.


Also vіsit my web-site; http://www.ampmcomputersinc.com

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello friends, its enοгmous post гegarding teachіngаnd fully explained, kеep it up all the time.


Stoρ by my web blog; http://isthewinwin.com/blogs/202399/310457/how-to-acquire-and-download-musi

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

ӏ аm extremely іmрrеssed wіth уouг writing skills as well aѕ with
thе lаyout οn youг weblog. Is this a paіԁ theme or diԁ you custοmize
it уourself? Either way keeρ up thе nice quality
writing, іt is rare tο see a great blog like
thіѕ onе thesе ԁaуѕ.



my weblog ... http://tiamowrydaily.com/fanclub/Groups/how-to-download-music-to-your-nextel-phone-2105789608/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a information! present here at this website, thanks admin of this web page.

Also visit my web page :: Highly recommended Website

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I reаd thiѕ ρiece of writіng fully аbout the rеsemblance
of hοttest anԁ рrevious technоlogies, it's remarkable article.

My web blog: Suggested Site

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I was ablе to find good infoгmation
from уour articlеѕ.

My weblοg ... motion.alleganaesa.org

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Тhankѕ for any other informative website. The place else may I
am getting that kind of info writtеn in such an ideal means?
I havе a ventuгe that I'm just now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

Also visit my weblog www.beatlast.com