Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowed In with Five Minute Cookies

While I was wishing, hoping, and crossing my fingers that there would be no snow storm on Saturday, the snow was busy telling me to stop wishing. The husband and I woke up to see the snow starting to fall at around 4:30 a.m. Why were we up that early, you ask? Well, because the husband had to work at 6:00 a.m. He ended up calling out because he works far enough away that he was worried about getting home in the nasty weather. He felt bad about it, but I was happy to have him safe and home and snowed in with me.

Around 7:00 or so, the snow began to really cover the streets.


Naturally, I did what any normal person does when it snows......


I baked more cookies!

I attribute my baking bonanza to my mom. I would venture to say that every time it snowed, there were cookies to be made. I guess I'm carrying that tradition into my own life!



What, I'm the only one who procrastinates when it comes to shoveling?

I would like to mention that I really have the best neighbors in the entire world. On Saturday night, the husband went outside to shovel a little bit, and our neighbor stopped him. He told the husband that he had a snow blower and would be out snow blowing early on Sunday morning. Sunday morning came, and our neighbor used the snow blower not only on most of our block, but he also went around the other side of the street! He also crossed the street and plowed out two of our neighbors who are widows. The husband went outside to help dig out some cars in the neighborhood. I love when everyone works together to get things done.

Now, back to the cookies!

Since I was on a baking spree, I thought it would be good to try out a new recipe that I had seen for awhile but never made. The official name for the recipe is Haystack Cookies, but I want to rename them Five Minute Cookies because that's about how long it takes to get them ready.

To make this recipe, you'll need:

1 cup of Fiber One Cereal
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

Take 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of peanut butter and melt it in the microwave for about a minute.

When it comes out of the microwave, the chocolate chips won't look completely melted-that's okay! Stir the mixture until it is all melted.

Fiber One waiting for the peanut butter and chocolate chips to be finished.



Combine the Fiber One with the peanut butter and chocolate chip mixture and stir until it is all coated.

It should look something like this.

Using a tablespoon, scoop up the mixture and put it on a greased cookie sheet.

I got 8 cookies out of the batter.

Stick it in the fridge and wait a few hours until they are hardened. You could also stick them in the freezer to harden.
When they are all done, take them off the cookie sheet and enjoy! That's right-there's no baking involved!

After hardening in the fridge.

The cookies are AWESOME! I know that I'll be making them on a regular basis because they take five minutes to whip up and they are no-bake! If you are counting points, one cookie is one point. I put the rest of the cookies in a baggie and stuck them in the freezer. I've been having one a night and feel like I am eating something that is so decadent!

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite kind of cookie?

I'm a simple girl-give me some chocolate chip cookies and I'm happy!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

That was VERY sweet of your neighbor. Those fiber one haystacks sound INCREDIBLE. Cereal, nut butter and chocolate chips? What could be bad about that ;)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Someone asked me that question the other day and I just can't pick a favorite cookie. It really depends on what I'm in the mood for!

I'm the same way on snowy days - I always need to bake something!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

HA I ended up doing the same thing during the snow storm lol

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Those cookies look SO good! My favorite cookies are chocolate chip - old school I know but it's a classic! :) Love your blog, btw!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love an oooey gooey chocolate chip cookie!