Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge

Thank you all for your sweet comments on yesterday's post. They made my day!

The husband and I had our first Christmas party of the year on Saturday, and I signed up to bring a dessert. I wanted to bring something that tasted good as well as something that was relatively healthy. Since the husband is a fan of anything peanut butter (as am I), I made a healthier version of peanut butter fudge. Not only is this recipe super easy, it also doesn't taste like it's lower in fat.

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine one bag of peanut butter chips and one 14oz can of fat free sweetened condensed milk.

I thought this was a cool shot.

Keep stirring until everything is thoroughly melted. Pour into an 8x8 pan that has been covered with foil.



Stick in the fridge and let it harden. Cut into 36 pieces and serve.


All ready to go!

If you are counting points on Weight Watchers, it works out to two points per piece. Not to shabby!

I think next time, I'll put them in those cupcake wrappers. It would have been easier to pick them up. They tasted phenomenal, if I do say so myself!

I'm thinking of making this for Christmas Day at my aunt's house. It's the one thing I know she'll eat because (1) she'll see it here on the blog and (2) it doesn't have any "weird" ingredients in it. What do you think, Aunt Nette?

The party was held at the house of the best man in our wedding and his wife. She snapped a picture of us towards the end of the night.

I love our best man and his wife. They are seriously the best couple ever, plus his wife is due to have their second child by the end of the month!

Question of the Day:
Do you bake for the holidays? What's your favorite thing to make?

I love making chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made any yet this year, but I keep telling myself that I have to make some time to make them!

On a side note, I was so proud of myself yesterday. After work I was able to get some cleaning and vacuuming done as well as cross some gifts off of my Christmas shopping list. I got a $30.00 frame for $10.00 at Kohl's. I love, love, love sales and coupons!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

oh that looks like a nice simple and yummy recipe!

Chickie, you look so pretty in that picture =)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooooh, that PB fudge looked so good!!

During the holidays I love to bake cookies with my girls! It gets better every year because they can do so much more!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Mari-you are so sweet!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice! I love simple dessert recipes- they're just the best. I obviously love baking during the holidays. Anything pumpkin, pear, apple, or squash is my favorite :)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! So funny because a friend and I were just talking about how we've never made fudge. I wonder if I can veganize this somehow . . . I'll let you know! :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Meredith-yes, please let me know!

Sana said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow that looks great!

You might want to check this out
http://blueberrymuffins.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/holiday-treat/

Its a good idea for gifts!!!

:)!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweetened condensed milk reminds me of when I was little and got to lick the spoons when my mom baked...I could totally eat a whole can of it!

Love the picture of you 3- you look so cute in pink!

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow - great sale catch!! Love love love PB Chips...mmmm- I bought a bag in the bulk store the other day - so good in oatmeal, cookies...by the handful...oops ;)

And yes I love to holiday bake...anything and everything really haha! But I try to jazz it up a bit and do some funner Squares with graham crackers or pies versus the usual cookies. Hopefully I'll post something on my blog soon. Thanks for your continued support and comments on mine - I love that people take the time to even read with all the great ones out there :)

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

Peanut butter fudge = heavenly!

I normally do quite a bit of baking during the holidays but this yr I haven't really been in the mood.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

That recipe is SO easy, and yet it looks and sounds wonderful! I am totally going to try it out! Have you tried it with chocolate chips? Or any other flavour?

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jolene,

I haven't tried it with chocolate chips, but I'm certainly curious!