Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mom's Thanksgiving

Thank you for all of your advice on yesterday's post. It really means a lot to me that I have people who understand where I am coming from. It seems that I'm not the only one who can be a pushover sometimes!
Remember when I told you that my mom offered to take pictures of her Thanksgiving for the blog? Well, she did it! She took pictures of the side dishes once they were already
packaged in their tupperware containers and wanted to make sure they "looked presentable" before I posted them on the blog. She is the cutest mom ever.
Without further adieu, I present to you my mom's Thanksgiving.

My uncle carving the turkey with my cousins and brother watching. This is the same uncle that played the joke on me not too long ago.




Yummy turkey!

Grandmom helping get things together.


My mom's broccoli salad. This is the best stuff ever! There's broccoli, bacon and cheese mixed with a mayo and apple cider vinegar dressing. This stuff goes quick when it's served.

This was the first time my mom made homemade cranberry sauce. She said that everyone gobbled it up. It was a good combination of tart and sweet.

The sausage stuffing. I believe this is my grandmom's recipe. This stuff is amazing!
Thanks again for the pictures mom!
Question of the Day:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
It's hard to pick a favorite, but I think stuffing is way up there on the list. I think it should be a year round thing in my family!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw, your g'ma looks like a sweetheart. My favorite side is stuffing - FOR SURE.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love cranberry sauce! It's like dessert. Plus, I like the dessert!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

Everything your mama made looks awesome! I am a HUGE cranberry fan. There wasn't any at our thanksgiving this year so I'm thinking about making some for myself this weekend :)

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

your one cousin looks like he has a halo over his head! lol!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love stuffing!! I also love gravy :-) Does gravy count as a side dish? LOL ... because I use so much, it should!

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

Stuffing and cranberry sauce are way up on my list!

Also my mom's cranberry orange bread.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

ohhhh I want to go to your mom's for Thanksgiving! Yummy food AND cute boys?! Win Win =)

momentanew said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww, it all looks SO good! :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Rose-thanks, my grandmom is a doll :)

Gina-Oh my gosh, my mom said the same thing about the halo!

Jolene-yes, it counts! lol

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweet potatoes with marshmallows is my fav!