Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Meat-A-Balls!

Imagine an old Italian grandfather reading the above blog title :)

After updating the blog yesterday, I headed off to Bath and Body Works. Right now they are having a phenomenal sale! All of their classic scent lotions are $3.00. Apparently, they are changing the look of their bottles/labels, and all of the older stuff has to go. I picked up 2 bottles of lotion, a tub of eucalyptus lotion, 2 anti-bacterial hand gels, and an air freshener for $23.00. I was very pleased with my finds!

One of the first blogs I ever started reading was Roni's blog over at Green Lite Bites. Along with Green Lite Bites, she also runs Roni's Weigh (and a she has a few more blogs up her sleeve)! I may be a little biased, but she remains one of my favorite bloggers. She has such a wonderful outlook on food, healthy eating, exercise and general wellness. She truly is an inspiration.

It's no secret that the husband loves meatballs. Since we are off this week, and I have a little bit of time to experiment in the kitchen, I thought it was time to make meatballs. I found an easy recipe from Green Lite Bites for Simply Meatballs. I substituted some bread crumbs for the whole wheat bread and also added some minced garlic.



Before getting my hands dirty.



Rolled up and ready to be baked.


Ready for gravy!

I soaked this in red gravy and made some meatball sandwiches. The husband loved them and asked if we could have them more often. With a recipe this easy, I had to tell him yes.

Question of the Day:
What is something you wish you had the time to make, but don't?

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

5 comments:

fittingbackin said... Best Blogger Tips

Those look so good! I've never baked meatballs before - how smart! (I usually saute in a pan). How long does it take to bake and at what temp?!

I've yet to make a lasagna! I want to - it just hasn't happened yet!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to make lasagna too! I baked the meatballs for about 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Those look so good! great job.. =)

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

Some Italian, LOL making meatballs with ground turkey. Sounds delicious actually, and am going to try it.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I wish I had time to make my mom's cinnamon buns ... soon I will find the time.