Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kickin' It Up A Notch

I do much of my blogging while I'm at work. I sit in front of a computer for the majority of the day, and most times, I can find some time to squeeze in a blog entry.

Yesterday afternoon, my hard drive on my work computer completely crashed. Yeah, major epic fail. All of my blog pictures, links and work info may be completely gone forever. I am not a happy camper at the moment....not even a little bit happy. I'm hoping that some of my hard drive can be salvaged. Until then, I get to play on this loaner laptop.

Clearly, I have my priorities in order (insert sarcasm here). I have presents to wrap, cookies to make and errands to run, bust as soon as I got home, I uploaded my pictures to a thumb drive so that I could write a blog post this morning.

A few months ago, I received a free sample of Emeril's Essence seasoning packet. Since I didn't have to cook much this week (no meals to make for Christmas Eve or Christmas), I thought that this would be a great time to try it out.


The free sample.

I used the spice on two pieces of chicken.


Before cooking.



After.

Even though this is one of the easiest recipes ever, it was very, very tasty. The Essence had a bit of a spicy kick to it that both me and the husband enjoyed. I was worried that it was going to be too spicy for the husband, but he said it had just the right amount of bite.

Another winner in my book!

Question of the day:

Are you ready for Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate?


I still have to finish making cookies and wrapping. The husband keeps eating the cookies I make, so last night, I made him his own batch of cookies. Hopefully he'll be content with that for the next few days!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great thing to receive as a sample!! I love spices!!

I am ready for Christmas!!!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never tried Emeril's spices, but I imagine they would be good. we have a super busy Christmas schedule, but I am very ready for some time off work!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

So sorry to hear about the crashed computer! We all have priorities, right?

I'm looking forward to relaxing and I'm all set for the holidays- just ready for my work schedule to be in agreement with my vacation mode!

burpandslurp said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG. I'm so sorry! That seriously is the WORST possible thing that I can imagine to happen to me...I clearly have my priorities straightened out, too! ;-)

Haha, whenever I see Emeril, I have this uncanny impulse to yell out, "Bacon fat rules! BAM!"

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I do most of my blogging at work too! Ssshhhh don't tell the jefe lol

I am done with all my christmas shopping =) and everything is wrapped and ready to go =) "BAM" lol

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I got that sample in the mail too but haven't tried it yet. Good to know it's a keeper!

Hallie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm kind of ready for the holidays to be over, honestly, but no...I have more presents to buy (whoops) and of course now I have the urge to make holiday sweets (which could be very dangerous since I don't really have anyone to give them to!). But I am looking forward to some time off from work...need to catch up on sleep!