Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Even though I don't want to admit it, it's once again time to decorate for Christmas. Somehow, Halloween and Thanksgiving flew by in a whirl, and here we are at Christmas season again! I usually wait until after my birthday before I start decorating, but since I'm having my family over for my birthday this weekend, I wanted them to see the house decorated.

Since the husband and I don't have many Christmas tree decorations, last year, my mom loaned us some Christmas balls from my grandmom and grandpop. From what I can remember, my grandpop loved Christmas. In fact, he used to dress up as Santa Claus and go door to door delivering gifts. It is very sentimental to pull out his box and see my grandpop's handwriting on it.



Inside are the Christmas ornaments. Even though the boxes are so old, and almost disintegrating, seeing this box brings back so many memories.

For the past two weeks, I've been looking for a wreath for my door. Over the summer, my dear friend Ron bought me a wreath magnet for my front door. The problem? I couldn't find a wreath that I really liked for a decent price. After scouring my Christmas decorations, I found something that worked.

Ron, I'm finally using the wreath magnet! You should be proud!

Next up was the nativity set and fake poinsettia flowers in the front window. My mom bought me fake flowers for the front of my window for every season. It was time to switch them out, and make the flowers have a more Christmas feel.




The Nativity set we got last year. Believe it or not, there are a total of three Nativity sets in our house. In addition to this one, there is a musical Nativity set and a little figurine set that my mom got for the husband when we were dating.

Here's our side table. See the musical Nativity set?


This little guy is sitting on the coffee table, right on my own personal blogspot.

A friend's mom made this for me.

After decorating around the house, we started decorating our tree. We bought a new fake tree this year that came pre-lit. It made the stringing of the lights that much easier because we didn't have to do it.

Each ornament is significant in one way or another. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Our first Christmas ornament from last year.


Whinnie the Pooh from when I was a little girl.


And, of course, we can't have a Christmas tree without a Holiday Barbie!


The husband and I each putting on an ornament.



The lit angel. This is from my grandmom and grandpop's collection.


The finished product.

The lights are on, but I don't know if you can tell :)


Us in front of the tree. It took us forever to get this picture to come out. Yay for camera timers and a smart husband!

After we were finished decorating the tree, we decided to do one more thing to our house.....string lights on the banister. This is the first year we've tried this, but I think we both kinda like it.

Even though it's blurry, I like that you can see that the lights are lit.

That concludes this session of Christmas decorating. Even though there aren't many decorations around, this took us almost all day!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite part of the Christmas/holiday season?

My favorite part is baking and spending time with the family. Good food, good people, good deal!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie















9 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww I love your tree and all of the decorations! :) You guys are so cute!

Tania @ Moment Anew said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww! Such pretty pics! You are SO pretty! :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Dawn and Tania-you are both so sweet!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the snowman on the front door! Such a cute, personal touch! Everything looks just fabulous. hooray for Christmas and fun decor! Old christmas decorations are much better than newer ones in my opinion. Happy Early Birthday!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Erica! I agree-the older decorations are much more fun :)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I think everything looks so pretty! you and your hubby make such a cute couple =)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Everything looks so cute!! My favorite part of the holiday season is the tree. It was always such a big deal when I was a kid. So, I make it a big deal for my girls. We decorate together and sip hot chocolate & I let them choose where the ornaments go. We go totally kid crazy ... no Martha Stewart tree here!!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

My favourite things are the food, the warm feelings, spending time with family, and the music.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your decorations - the tree looks great! One of my favorite parts of Christmas is decorating... and buying gifts!