Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm a Simple Gal

I had the craving for sloppy joes this week. Admittedly, I've had sloppy joes all of one time when I was younger. How can you have a craving for something that you don't really remember the taste of? Yeah, I don't know either!

I debated about making a homemade sloppy joe sauce, but I opted for the quick and easy route.


I heard the stuff tasted pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I browned two pounds of ground beef and added the can of Manwich to the mixture.


It might not look too appetizing, but here it is!

I put the sloppy joe mixture onto a bun, and it was great! Nothing gourmet, but that's not what I was expecting anyway! The husband was so excited for sloppy joes that he had two sandwiches. What is it with men being able to eat way more than women? It's not fair if you ask me! haha.

As an update on yesterday's post-THE IT GUYS WERE ABLE TO RESTORE MY HARD DRIVE!! Sorry for the caps lock, but I'm super excited that they were able to recover all of my pictures and documents for work. I think I must have hugged the IT guy a dozen times.

I'll be in work tomorrow morning (yay for having to work Christmas Eve), but I'm hoping I can leave before 12:00. It all works out though-I'll end up having the week between Christmas and New Year's off!!

Since I'm going to be away from work for a week, my blogging may be a bit sporadic. The husband is working at night time, so I'm guessing that my blogging next week will happen at night.

Question of the Day:
What's the easiest meal that you make?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I was never a fan of Sloppy Joe until my later years in school and I am so upset that I didn't try it when I was younger because I missed out on YEARS of Sloppy Joe lunches lol

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I have had sloppy joe's in elementary school, but not much since then! Maybe I'll give them another shot. I love kid foods!

Congrats on the fixed computer!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

glad everything worked out with your hard drive, I know how frustrating computer issues can be!

Sherlyn said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Sloppy Joes - on a wheat bun with mustard and pickles! Try it - I know it sounds weird but something about the tangy taste in the pickeles and mustard with the manwich mix that goes good together...humm...that might be what we have for supper!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

The easiest meal is a frozen pizza with a salad ... I guess I don't make the pizza ... but it counts right?

If it doesn't count, I would say pita pizzas. I make those :-)

Kristen@Simply Savor said... Best Blogger Tips

enjoy the holidays! the easiest meal i make is frozen veggies with marinara sauce and rotisserie chicken microwaved for 5 minutes :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I think it's easy to crave the idea of something. I hope the sloppy joe's were as good as you expected!