Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dippin' in the Skinny Water

My great-uncle Joe is one of the coolest guys I know. He owns his own business and is always on top of the latest trends. For about the past year or so, he's been into the product Skinny Water. According to their website, Skinny Water is packed with vitamins, electrolytes and anti-oxidants. In addition, there are no calories, sodium or sugar, like some other vitamin drinks out there.


The label is a little bit hard to read, but I thought I'd post the picture anyway.

Skinny Water comes in a variety of flavors made with their own set of "key ingredients." I've had the Lemonade Passionfruit flavor before, but I wanted to try something different. While grocery shopping at Target, I found this guy.


Raspberry Pomegranate-Crave Control.

This bottle was $1.49, which I think is completely ridiculous for a bottle of water. I promised my uncle that I would do a review on the blog, though, so I put it in my cart and moved on.

This type of Skinny Water contains Chromemate, which is supposed to maintain your blood sugar levels. I drank the Skinny Water around 11:00 a.m., when I was getting hungry for lunch, but want to wait until after noon to eat. The taste was a little bit off, but I think that's because it was a raspberry/pomegranate mix. I can't describe it exactly, but there was an aftertaste. My mom tried it and thought the same thing. While I don't think that Skinny Water reduced my cravings, it did hold me over until it was time to eat lunch. My hunch is that it's because, essentially, I drank water, which helps keep you full. The Lemonade Passionfruit that I tried before had no aftertaste, and I really enjoyed it.

I'd like to sample other flavors in the future, however it would definitely have to be on sale before I'd buy it again. In reality, I don't think that Skinny Water helps you to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it is a good option when you want something other than plain water. Plus, it's an added bonus that there are no calories, sugar or sodium.

Onto the next topic.....taco dip!

When the husband and I went to his mom's for Thanksgiving dinner, she asked us to bring an appetizer. My sister-in-law makes an awesome taco dip, so I thought I'd recreate my own in a little healthier fashion.

I mixed together 16oz of low fat sour cream with 8oz of reduced fat cream cheese. Once mixed, I added a packet of taco seasoning.

I put the sour cream/cream cheese mix in the bottom of a bowl and layered lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese on top.

A view from up top.



Ready to go!

I served this with some Baked Scoops, and it turned out to be a great hit! The husband's sister said that it was like crack, which I'm guessing is a good thing. Haha.

The best part of this dip was that it took about 1o minutes to make. Easy peasy!


Question of the Day:
What's your favorite appetizer?


My sister-in-law makes this amazing hot dip with brie cheese, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and melted butter. It's one of the best food parts of the holidays!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

is skinny water similar to vitamin water???

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I would say yes, except that vitamin water has calories.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Yums that taco dip looks so delish!

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

ahhhhh flavored waters. I just go for the regular stuff. If I want some flavor, I add lemon & orange slices.

Who doesn't love a good taco dip? Looks great. My favorite appetizer is veggies and hummus :)

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I've tried that before and didn't like it. I hate how companies want to jazz up water. The sales pitch is as easily as this:

Regular water: Nature's Candy.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Rose-I love the sales pitch! lol

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Your dip looks great!

Will your sister in law share her recipe?

My favourite appetizer is anything with cream cheese!!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Jolene-I'll ask and let you know!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a big appetizer person. Is bread an appetizer? I love Italian bread and butter before a meal!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I say yes, bread counts!