Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Choose Your Own Adventure

Does anyone else remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books? I used to love them as a kid! I remember if I got to an ending that I didn't like, I would pretend that I didn't choose it, go back a few pages and choose an alternate ending. Ahh, those were the days of deciding your own fate. ;)

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but sometimes I run out of ideas when it comes to making chicken. I got the idea to season chicken breasts a few different ways so that the husband and I could "choose our own adventure" when it came to dinner.

I pulled a few spices out of the cabinet and got the chicken ready to be seasoned.


From left to right: chili powder, Mrs. Dash, Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce (which I used on the chicken last night), thyme and garlic powder.

I pretty much ran with it, and spiced up the chicken as I saw fit.


Left to right: Mrs. Dash with chili powder; thyme and garlic powder; chili powder; and Mrs. Dash.

I baked them in the oven for about 40 minutes.



The husband had a piece of the Mrs. Dash chicken and loved it. I think this was a good idea for the simple fact that it gives us a variety of seasonings to pick from. I'd like to get more creative with other spices the next time I make chicken like this.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite seasoning/spice?

I'm a sucker for garlic powder. I think it goes on just about everything I eat!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I am a spice freak! Lately I have been loving dill, cumin, chili powder, and curry powder. Not all together, well- sometimes all together!

I get tired of making chicken sometimes, but my husband doesn't eat a meal without meat...something about protein and muscle! You can make things a little different by crusting it in smashed nuts (like cashews) and adding lemon zest, or cutting up red onions on top. I have done just about everything with chicken by now!

Sorry for the essay!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

One of my fave Chicken Recipes includes: Mayo, Honey, Mustard, and Steak Sauce...check it out
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Mustard-Grilled-Chicken/Detail.aspx

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I too used to love choose your own adventure books!! So fun!!

I love a lot of seasonings - garlic powder, cilantro, curry etc.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi-ya i'm new on here. I hit upon this forum I have found It absolutely accommodating & it has helped me loads. I hope to give something back & assist others like its helped me.

Cheers all, See You Around.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Good Day i'm fresh on here, I hit upon this website I have found It positively useful & its helped me so much. I hope to give something back & aid other people like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You Around.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Heya im fresh here, I came accross this forum I have found It exceedingly accommodating & it's helped me out loads. I hope to contribute and help other users like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You Later.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi-ya i'm new to this. I came accross this site I have found It incredibly useful and it's helped me out tons. I hope to give something back and assist other people like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You About.