Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthday Party Madness

Today I woke up ready to start the day. I drove down to my mom's house in the morning only to find out that the train was almost an hour late. Oh joy and rapture! Oh well, at least it's Tuesday!

Let me take you back to my Saturday night.  The husband and I invited my immediate family over to our house for dinner. The husband did a fantastic job of setting up the house and making dinner. While my mom and I were out doing some Christmas shopping, he was home getting things ready.


Table one



Table two

We are lucky to have two tables at our disposal. Whenever we have family over, we have to break out both of them to make sure we have enough room for everyone!

By the time my mom and I came home to my house, the husband had already made three trays of baked ziti.


It tasted as good as it looks!


I cut up the bread.


I love having bread at dinner. It's so, so good!

After cutting the bread, it was time for my mom and I to take a picture in front of our Christmas tree.


Even though she probably doesn't want to be on the blog, I think this is a great picture of her, and I'm so proud that she's my mom :)

After some picture taking, my mom went off to the kitchen to decorate the cake. She wanted to make my birthday cake, which I thought was super sweet. She made the diet coke cake recipe and topped it with fat free cool whip and strawberries. It tasted amazing!


Mom working on the cake






A shot of the strawberries.


The finished product!

Before we knew it, it was time to sing happy birthday.


The husband putting twenty seven candles on the cake.


He kept joking that he was going to burn his hand with all of the candles. I kept reminding him that he is the older one!

I can't even believe that I am going to post this picture, but I think it's hilarious. My brothers were making some sort of comment about me blowing out all of the candles on the cake in one breath. Clearly, I thought I was strong enough to do so.


Yeah...this is me....

Last, but certainly not least, we decided it was picture taking time with my awesome nephew.


My brothers, me and the little guy.


A shot with me, the little guy and the husband. My brother tells me that my nephew needs a cousin to play with. Someday, maybe!

It was such a treat to have my family over to my house on Saturday. I love when we all get together and spend quality time together.

Question of the Day:

What is something that you love?


Until next time!
~Anne Marie

14 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

one of my favorite posts, anne marie! :)

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

How sweet- Happy Birthday! What a great day :) Love spending time with the fam. Your nephew is so cute. So ya'll are getting a little baby pressure too huh ;)

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a sweet post!!

Y'alls meals look mighty tasty!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Erica-yup, definitely getting the baby pressure!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

AWWW I am glad you had a great time! it looks like fun an delish too. And yay to your hubs for cooking the ziti!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Mari!

Gelareh @ Orange Truffle said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday!

I love Almond butter, but I love Birthday cake more than that :) I am very big on Birthdays and make a HUGE deal out of them. My husbands is coming up.. and I am doing 7 days of celebration for him.. :)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Great birthday party! All of the food looks fabulous. Something that I love: sitting outside Starbucks with coffee and a book when the weather is perfectly beautiful :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Omg your nephew is so adorable. I have baby fever right now. They just do the cutest things sometimes!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love cheese. And the movie "Home Alone." And Hello Kitty stuff.

Tania @ Moment Anew said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww! Happy birthday :)
I love the photos, your Mom is just adorable and you look so fantastic! Glad to see you had a great day:)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great night!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I like your little family picture. We always do that with my nephew and my brother tells me- the baby needs a cousin to play with!

P.S. I have a sick obsession with argyle and love, love, love your sweater!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks! If my memory serves me correctly, I got it at H&M!