Friday, November 20, 2009

Well This Was Different!

I loved reading all of your comments yesterday about what you were thankful for. It's so easy to focus on the negativity surrounding life, so I wanted a chance to take a look at how good life is. It's nice to focus on the little things!

When it comes to cooking, sometimes I like to follow recipes and other times I raid my cabinet, find what looks good, and cross my fingers that it works out.

Such was the case with what I made for dinner last night. I'm pretty sure my mom made this at some point when I lived at home, but I can't be completely sure.

I found some tomato soup (one of those Campbell 's soup at hand soups) and poured it over some chicken. I baked it in a 350 degree oven for about an hour. My chicken was still partially frozen, so that's why it took so long to bake.




I made this dish because I was in the mood for something warm and comforting. Since tomato soup is one of my ultimate comfort foods, I decided to wing it and see what happened.

I thought it tasted pretty good, and the husband agreed. In a pinch, it's something that I would throw together again.

Question of the day:

What's your favorite soup?

I love soups of all kinds, but my favorite is tomato soup. It's such a classic, warm, soup and goes especially well with a grilled cheese sandwich!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite soup is plain ol' noodle soup. It's my ultimate comfort food!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am currently in love with Campbell's V8 Butternut Squash soup =)

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

I am a huge fan of tomato soup! I think my fav would be split pea soup. I love making it from scratch & have a really easy recipe.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Split pea-never had that before!

momentanew said... Best Blogger Tips

I really love split pea soup as well! It's so comforting and hearty!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite is New England Clam Chowder! Not always the healthiest though....

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooooh this is a tough question because I love soup, and soup loves me. We love each other. Hmmm, maybe mushroom soup ... or potato soup ... or won-ton soup ... I can't decide!