Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner (well, for those of us in the U.S. anyway), I thought I'd devote the next few Thursdays to talk about things I am thankful for. They can range from people to places to things.


This Thursday, I'm thankful for my family. (Beware, there's a ton of pictures ahead!)

I think I am biased, but I have the best family in the entire world. We are a close-knit group who lifts each other up, encourages one another's dreams and shares lots and lots of laughter. The cornerstone of our family is my grandmom. She's the best grandmom ever.


My aunt, uncle, grandmom and mom on Christmas a few years ago.


I grew up with an entire family of boys.....until my cousin Allison came along when I was a teenager. I never realized how much fun I was missing out on until she was born. I'm so thankful that I have someone who I can act silly with. She just rocks.


After seeing the Jonas Brothers 3-D movie. Like our glasses?


Family is so important to me, and I know that in each member, I have found someone that I respect, admire and love.


All the "kids" with my great uncle.


Of all the family members I have, I am closest to my mom. If I grow up to be half the woman she is, I'll be one lucky girl. I have never met someone so supportive, loving and caring as my mom. I love her more than I can ever express.


Mom, me and the hubby last Christmas.

My mom and I at my bridal shower. She made me a book of memories ranging from when I was very little to the present. In the book was also a section of baby pictures of my husband. It was the best gift!


I'm thankful for my brothers. They are the two people in the world who will give it to me straight, even if I don't like what they have to say. They've seen me at my best and my worst, and they love me anyway.



At my bridal shower last year.



We are a pretty fun group who loves to make memories and spend time together. Can't you just feel the love?






Question of the Day:


What are you thankful for today?



Until next time!
~Anne Marie

13 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

BEST entry you've ever done. :) it got me choked up!

Annette Solarski said... Best Blogger Tips

You are awesome! Thanks for "cropping" the last picture. Love you!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, ladies!!

You were the one that cropped that picture-remember you were trying to get certain person out of it? lol

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post! Sweet!

I am so thankful for my husband and our babies! The best gifts in the world.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Koosh that is so sweet, I love looking at family pictures.

I am going to steal your answer and have to say my family too. They are an amazing support sytem.

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet post- you all look so happy to be together- I love it!

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, my family, Josh's family, my awesome dog Frank, a great house, being healthy, being happy :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, and all the people in my life!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

what a great post :) I can't wait for Thanksgiving - it's my favorite holiday!

I am thankful for my family today, too.

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

Anne Marie, you are so adorable. Your family is awesome. Don't forget though, you have some pretty awesome friends too ... LOL Love you.

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

You are so cute. You have an awesome family. But, don't forget you have even better friends ... LOL Love you
Ron

Joseph said... Best Blogger Tips

YOU MUST ADD SKINNY WATER TO YOUR HEALTHFUL DIET'

2Y:SUR
2Y:SUB
ICUR
2Y:S4ME

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Uncle Joe!

If they sold Skinny Water around me, I'd definitely get it! I'll keep checking though!

Joseph said... Best Blogger Tips

ACME, SHOPRITE, LUKOIL, 7-11 HAVE