Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Salsa Chicken

Could someone please explain this logic to me? Something that takes five minutes to prepare often tastes better than something that takes more time and effort? Well, that's what happened with dinner last night.

I wanted something quick and easy (truthfully, it seems that I've been making quick and easy dinners for a looooong time now) so I grabbed what I had and ran with it. I defrosted some chicken breasts and topped them with salsa and cheese. The husband initially thought that it was more chicken parmesan from my mom's birthday dinner, but I told him that it was just the salsa he was seeing.


I can see why he thought it was chicken parmesan



Close up shot.

During dinner, the husband made one of those comments that make me crack up. He kept thanking me for making dinner and then said "there's even peppers in here! I can't believe you chopped up peppers!" I had to remind him for the second time that salsa has peppers in it, although I would gladly take the credit for it :) Boys.....go figure!

Question of the Day:
What type of cook are you? Are you someone who loves to make quick, easy meals or do you like taking lots of time to make your meals?

While I enjoy taking time to make a meal, I'm more of a quick and easy meal kind of a girl. It's all about the simplicity for me.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to spend a long time cooking ... if I have the time. I have been so busy lately, that I am very thankful for quick and easy meals, but I can't wait to start having the time to make more complicated dinners.

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never seen anyone make salsa chicken like that. I put my chicken in a crock pot with a cup (usually just a jar) of salsa, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a little milk, plus spices. I let it cook on low for about 8 hours, and if is so good. One of my favorite meals to make!!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

quick and easy, thankyouverymuch!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said... Best Blogger Tips

I love cooking but I rarely have the time. This salsa chicken looks pretty darn good!

Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write said... Best Blogger Tips

I refuse (flat out refuse) to make anything that requires more than 30 minutes to make (not including bake time, but usually even that). Anything you see on my blog has minimal ingredients and can be made on a weeknight. It's required lol.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to make quick things but sometimes I just enjoy cooking a huge feast =)