Monday, November 23, 2009

Product Review

Happy Monday, everyone!


I cannot believe we are at Thanksgiving week already. In just a few short days, the hubby and I will be gearing up to celebrate with both sides of the family. We are going to his mom's for dinner and my mom's for dessert. Even though the traveling is a bit hectic, it's nice to get together with everyone. Oh, and by the way, while talking with my mom last night, she offered to take pictures of her Thanksgiving dinner so that I can post it on the blog. I love her-she is the best!


While food shopping, I came across this guy.




I remember trying this way back when I first started Weight Watchers. From what I remembered, I wasn't too happy with it. It had the consistency of peanut butter, but in no way did I think it was "Better'n" peanut butter, like the name suggested. When I saw it in the store, I wanted to give it another shot. After all, it has 85% less fat than regular peanut butter. In fact, two tablespoons is only 100 calories. Not too bad in my opinion!


I opened the jar and was greeted by this



After not having it for a couple of years, I have to say that I was very impressed. It still doesn't taste exactly like peanut butter, but I think the taste has improved over the years. It could also be that I am now used to eating natural peanut butter.....and Better'n Peanut Butter has that same kind of consistency.


If you are looking for an alternative to peanut butter, it's worth a shot. I like it because I can literally go through an entire jar of peanut butter in two days. It's a good substitute for me.


Question of the Day:

Do you eat substitutes (i.e., Splenda for sugar) or do you eat the real thing?


It depends what it is, but I think I do an equal amount of both. Sometimes I'll use the substitute and other times I'll eat a small amount of the real stuff. It's all about balance!


Until next time!
~Anne Marie





11 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I am definitely a Splenda girl! I love my yellow box lol

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

I very rarely substitute. I don't eat artificial sweeteners, so I just have less of the real things and really enjoy them!

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

I try not to eat too many substitutes, but I have a jar of better n PB in the fridge at work! Not as good as the real thing but will do in a pinch ;-)

Erica said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't wait to see your mamas thanksgiving pictures! I haven't tried this product yet, but have tried PB2 (which I eat on occasion). While I do enjoy certain subs (i.e. Stevia for sugar), I find that most of them don't satisfy my craving or hunger (i.e. why I'm eating the product in the first place). Do you ever get that feeling? Now, that being said, I still want to try this ;) hehe

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!! I've never tried that kind...never seen it (PB) - I like all-natural - but I eat wayyyy too much of it and my tummy hates me :(...I use either real sugar or stevia if I'm adding sugar...but I do eat lots of yogurts and stuff that have sucralose in them...I know there's lots of controversy...but I'm sick of it now to be honest...blah we all think too much sometimes.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Erica,
Thanks! Yes, I know exactly what you mean. With some substitutes, I end up eating the real thing instead because it just doesn't satisfy my craving.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually always eat the real thing. Artificial sweeteners hurt my stomach. I have tried Better Than PB before. It couldn't replace pb for me but it's not too bad for when your trying to cut calories! I heard they have a chocolate flavor too now. I'd like to try it!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I heard there was a chocolate pb one too, but I can't find it in stores. I'll have to keep searching!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I used to eat better n' pb a lot and though I liked it, it doesn't have the same umph as real natural pb! I gave up splenda an don't really use stevia. I found that kicking the substitutes out of my diet have actually helped me lose the last 5 pounds.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't eat any substitutes, I like the real deal, full fat, full calories, the way it is meant to be!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

the real thing!

Maybe they have worked on that stuff...I remember trying it a few years ago and it was disgusting. we each tried one bite and threw it away.