Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pretty Pretty Pasta

The title of this blog reminded me so much of the game Pretty Pretty Princess ....anyone else remember that game? It was all the rage back in my younger years.

While in the mood for something carby and delicious, I thought it would be a good idea to bulk up my traditional baked ziti with some veggies. I was so excited after taking out the peppers that I completely forgot about the zucchini that I bought specifically for this concoction. Oops! I'll have to use them up next week in something else.

I bought some tri-color peppers (for a prettier presentation, of course!) and sauteed them in a pan with some non stick spray.





In the meantime, I cooked the pasta. When it was done, I mixed them together with spaghetti gravy (otherwise known as sauce), some fat free ricotta cheese and sprinkled mozzarella on top.


All finished!

The obligatory cheese shot
Question of the Day:
What's your favorite pasta sauce topping?
I'm a traditional marinara sauce kinda girl, but Alfredo is nice once in a while!
It came to my attention yesterday that my dear friend Ron reads my blog. Hey Ron! Thanks for reading!!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Roni said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a read sauce gal too... nothing beats a pot of tomato sauce cooking all day with some meatballs and sausage in it. Yummmmmm

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

thats is some pretty pasta for sure! and i totally remember that game :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVED pretty pretty princess! I have countless pics of me wearing all the jewels :)

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

pretty pretty princes!!! I used to love that :)

you can't beat a good, fresh red sauce. But I don't think I've ever had a pasta sauce I didn't like.

eaternotarunner said... Best Blogger Tips

Spicy Marinara for sure! And well anything with cheese on top is good ;-)

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love marinarna, vodka. and my own spicy pb creation ha...it makes it taste like Thai food =)

sam said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh man that looks delicious!

I am all about pasta any sauce to me is good sauce!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love red sauce with meatballs, or a bolognese, or alfredo ... pretty much any kind of pasta sauce is fine in my books!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I vaguely remember that game! Your pasta is definitely a pretty one :)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a huge pasta girl- don't shoot me! It's not even a low carb thing, but I do love making it for the husband. I like red sauce on my veggies though- and I steal plenty of it from him! I also love pesto.

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Your pasta looked beautiful!

I love my homemade peanut sauce over pasta & a traditional red sauce.

Karine said... Best Blogger Tips

I also prefer red sauce to white sauce with my pasta. It is a bit more healthy and, I believe, tasty. Tanks for your recipe, it sounds delicious!