Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Parties Galore

It was such a whirlwind weekend, but it was so much fun! My dear friend Rachel got married over the weekend, and her wedding was awesome. The food was great, the company was even better, and to top it all off, the soul mates were married. It was a fantastic day despite the rain.

The happy bride and groom

Wedding cake!

Me and the hubby
The following day, the husband and I went to my grandmom's house to celebrate her 82nd birthday. My cousin, who reads the blog, made the cake and banana cupcakes (which were delicious, I might add!) She took pictures of it all and I told her that she should do a guest post. If she decides to write one, I'll let you know!
Homemade stromboli-peppers and cheese

The banana cupcakes. Allison made some of them Phillies themed-you may notice the cupcake with "Lee" and with a "P" for Phillies.


The awesome cake. The icing had chocolate chips in it.

And of course, birthdays wouldn't be complete without kisses for the birthday girl! The girl on the right is my cousin Allison
It was so nice to have the day off yesterday. I slept in until 8:00. I know that doesn't sound very late, but I can't tell you the last time I slept past that time!
Question of the Day:
Phillies or Yankees?
I'm keeping my fingers crosses for the Phillies to win, but we'll see what happens!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Yankees all the way!

Sounds like a great weekend!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the picture of you two- it's so sweet! I also like the decorated cupcakes! I'm neutral on baseball, so no hating!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

You and your hubby are such a cute couple!! I am Canadian, and don't know anything about the Yankees or Philies :-)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww what a cute picture with your grandmom!

I'm a NYer so definitely a Yankees fan :)

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

let me top ur other readers...
PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!