Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oopsie!

Was it just me, or did yesterday seem to crawl by? I get the feeling that today will be more of the same thing. Our students are on their Fall break, so that means that the professors are barely around. It's nice to have some quiet around here, but when it's so quiet that you keep looking at the clock and it d0esn't change.....well then it becomes annoying!

Thank goodness I have friends like Gina who I get to e-mail throughout the day. She is someone who I can talk to about all things from personal stuff through silly petty things. Plus, she's a foodie, and probably the only one who understands me in that way. I'm not sure how I'd get through my day without her!

Since the weather is beginning to change from seasonably comfortable to downright bitter, I thought I'd make up a batch of lentil soup. The only problem? I've never had lentils, I wasn't sure if I'd even like them, and there are a bajillion recipes out there for lentil soup. One of my co-workers and I got into a conversation about lentil soup and the next day she came in with a tried and true recipe.

I was so excited to make the soup that I didn't read the recipe very closely. Instead of adding in 1 cup of lentils, I added the entire bag. Yeah, go me! haha. I tried to compensate by adding extra broth and water, but in the end, it turned out to be a complete lentil party in the pot.



See what I mean?

The soup didn't taste too bad, but it sure was full of lentils! I think I'll try making this again, but next time, I'll follow the recipe more accurately!

Question of the Day:
When is the last time you've messed up a recipe? What did you do?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

12 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh one time I tried to copycat the JD Sauce from TGIF and actually had it down perfectly but then it said to simmer the sauce for a bit and it completely hardened up =(

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my goodness- I can't follow a recipe at all. One time I was making blueberry cookies and they turned out green. No frieken clue...

Annette Solarski said... Best Blogger Tips

Funniest post ever!!!! <3 u!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Aunt Nette,

I'm glad I gave you a laugh! Love you too!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

awww!! i love u, anne marie!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love you too, Gina!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post! Funny, I actually messed up a recipe tonight. I managed to pull it together though.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Love lentils! The first time I made curry I was on the phone at the same time, so I wasn't following directions too well . . . I added waaaaaay too much spice! I think it was 5x too much! Yikes!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm I LOVE lentils. They keep me full like no other food. The Progresso canned lentil soup is pretty good too!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm, I love lentils ... I usually puree my lentil soups, but this one looks so good, I will have to try leaving them whole.

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I tried to make a cream cheese and chili dip. Usually I am a great cook, but the BF informed me that what I made just wasn't very good. Thanks for the support!!

Ron said... Best Blogger Tips

You are awesome guys. Hey Da Man, looks like you know how to make an omelet. Where's mine??? LOL