Sunday, November 1, 2009

Morning Oats

Happy Monday!

Since the husband and I had a crazy weekend, we decided to take the day off today. It's nice to catch up on some sleep sometimes! I promise to post a recap of the festivities, but I still have to upload some pictures before that happens.

One of the things I love about the mornings is banana oatmeal. I've been eating this concoction for probably a little over a year. I don't know what took me so long to try it!

Usually, I mash a banana in a bowl, leaving some chunks in it. This time, I decided to whip the banana to a creamy consistency before adding the oats and milk. It looked like this.

When the oatmeal was done cooking in the microwave (don't judge!), I added some cinnamon and set the table.



If you notice, I had my breakfast at my blogspot.
I cannot tell you how much I love bananas in my oatmeal! This was my first time using the whipped bananas, and it made the oats creamier. I found that I prefer chunks of mashed banana in my oatmeal-there's something about the texture that I really enjoy.
So that's it, folks! I'm off to enjoy the day with the hubby.
Question of the Day:
What's your favorite oatmeal add-in or topping? If you don't eat oatmeal, what's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I lovve banana oatmeal! =]

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I Love banana and pb in mine =) or chopped Strawberries and PB

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to add choc. chips :-)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never whipped my bananas for my oats before, but it looks good! I usually just mash it with a fork after it heats up. I put pumpkin butter in my oatmeal this morning - very yummy!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I would have to say bananas are a necessity in my oats! They make it so much more creamier. I usually whip half of one into my oats towards the end of cooking (I use the stove). Also, I always need my spoonful of PB!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

pumpkin is my all time fav though right now i am kind of on a dried apple kick

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

i've been SO bored at work without you!! but i loved catching up on the blog! great entries!!

lavienouveau said... Best Blogger Tips

only on the coldest of days I crave oatmeal, but I usually have it with tons of cinnamon and thats mainly it.
my favorite breakfast though is pumpkin waffles!

katecooks said... Best Blogger Tips

my new favorite oatmeal is cocoa oats! oatmeal + a packet of instant hot chocolate :)