Monday, November 16, 2009

Date Night

Remember how I said that last week was a pretty slow week because the students were on break? Well this week is total chaos because it's the first day of the winter quarter. I'm not sure whether I prefer the relaxed atmosphere or the more chaotic one. Perhaps there's a time and place for both.

Since the husband and I haven't been out to a nice dinner in a little while, so we decided to declare Saturday "date night."

We went to a little Italian restaurant near our home, called Tavola's. Neither of us had ever been there, but we figured with Italian food on the menu, we couldn't go wrong!

Before going, we had to take the obligatory date night shot.




The restaurant was actually inside a country club, so the scenery was beautiful. I also realized that the country club was where I had my high school senior prom. Talk about memories!






We started off with some brushetta, which was amazing. It had just the right amount of garlic and basil. I can't tell you how many times I have tasted brushetta that has too much of an onion taste. Don't get me wrong, I love onions, but not when it overpowers the entire dish!



You'd better bet that we polished this thing off!

For my meal, I opted for the Chicken Scallopini. According to the menu, it was described as: "Sautéed boneless chicken breast with caramelized onions, mushrooms, and bell
peppers in a light Marinara sauce." It came with capellini pasta under the chicken.



It was fabulous! There was just the right amount of veggies, chicken and pasta.

My only gripe about the restaurant was the service. We only saw our waitress a total of 3-4 times during the entire night. While it was nice to not be rushed while we were eating, it was also midly annoying to wait close to twenty minutes for her to bring our check.

All in all, it was a nice time. The husband and I need to have more date nights!

I hope you have a fanstastic day! I have a hilarious video of the husband making an omelet that I can't wait to share with you. I promise to go home and upload it for your viewing pleasure.

Question of the Day:
Do you have a favorite restaurant? What is it?
I don't have an absolute favorite restaurant, but among my favorites are Moriarty's, Bucca di Beppo and the local Chinese Buffet.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

For Italian, I love Lenny's in Howard Beach. Chinese; Suzie's in the City and Greek; Avli or Pita Pan near my job =)

btw you two look cute in the pic =)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I love date nights too! I love the obligatory date night shot :)

My favorite restaurant is an Asian one called Stir Crazy in my mall. I think it's actually a chain but I haven't seen it anywhere else. I also love chain theme restaurants like benihana and the melting pot.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a few favourite restaurants ... one is Korean, another is pasta, and another has a variety.

That bruschetta looks amazing!!!