Thursday, November 5, 2009

Buffalo Chicken

One of the meals that the husband and I really enjoy is buffalo chicken. It's so easy to make and it's very tasty!

I put a few pieces of chicken on a skillet and cover it with a lid. While the chicken is cooking, I combine fat free blue cheese dressing and hot sauce.


If you look closely, you can see Trident gum. I confess, I am a gum addict!

Give it a good stir until the sauce becomes a pink color.



Like this


At this point, it's a good idea to test the sauce to see if it's too hot, or if something needs to be added.

Once the chicken is cooked, add the sauce and coat the chicken. The purpose of adding the sauce at the end is so that it doesn't stick to the pan. After the chicken is coated, remove from the skillet and enjoy!





I had to put mine in a tupperware so that the husband and I could have it later on in the week.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite sauce/marinade?

I'm a sucker for buffalo sauce, so I'll give that as my answer.

I'm so happy that it's Thursday! One more day and then we're at the weekend! This weekend is my mom's birthday (so many birthdays this month!) and I'm in charge of making the main dish for dinner for 8 people. It doesn't sound like much, but I'm a little nervous about it!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love bbq sauce too =) and hot spicy bbq sauce too...

Ohh I can't wait to see what you are going to make for your mom's bday!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

ohhh you know what I love love love...the Jack Daniel Sauce in TGIF!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! I have never gotten into blue cheese, but I can deal with the buffalo sauce!

I love anything from TJs but my favorite is their version of Terriyaki- so, so, good!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing said... Best Blogger Tips

yum, buffalo chicken is delish :O). my favorite sauce is peanut sauce. esp. with a bit of a kick!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Have fun with your mom's bday! I'm sure you'll make a great meal for everyone :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like buffalo chicken - and this recipe sounds so easy! Sauces are one of my favourite things, so I can't pick just one - I love 'em all!

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my I love alllll spaghetti and pasta sauces!! In fact if you read my blog - it talks about my obsession :) I have it every night - on veggies, eggs, chicken, fish - on a spoon right out of the jar...it's becoming ridiculous really...At least , oh say, 3 servings - yikes...I have to watch out for the sodium content :(

What are you cooking this weekend for the birthday? I'm sure it'll be stellar :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I like teriyaki sauce a lot. It's hard to pick a fav though. Cooking for a crowd is always fun - good luck!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone!

For those that were wondering, I'm making chicken parm. It's one of my mom's favorite dishes!

kasondra said... Best Blogger Tips

favorite sauce isn't a sauce at all. I like to make my own using hummus, mustard, and Imagine cream of broccoli soup!!