Thursday, October 8, 2009

You Are Beautiful

The title of this post will make more sense later in the post.

One of the husband's favorite meals is chicken pot pie. I remember when I would visit his apartment and find his freezer stocked with pot pies on one side and Healthy Choice meals (for me) on the other. I think there's something about the creaminess and the crust that makes this meal comforting. Plus, it can't get any easier to prepare-all he had to do was pop it in the microwave for a few minutes!

When I started Weight Watchers three years ago, I cooked a lot of meals for us. We only saw each other on the weekends, and instead of going out to eat, I thought it would be better to learn how to cook. One of the first things I made for him was a Weight Watchers version of chicken pot pie. You can find the recipe here.

I decided to put this recipe on the menu for this week. I doubled it so that it would last us for three days this week. The husband was so excited when he saw it coming out of the oven. This meal is very easy to make, and it resembles a traditional chicken pot pie. I'm hoping to make it more frequently for the two of us!


Before putting the biscuits on top


Before being baked


All done!

On another note.....

Mikey sent me a peanut butter cookie Larabar to sample. I can't wait to taste it! Thanks again, Mikey-you rock!



I am a huge fan of Roni's website. Yesterday, she posted a very touching video that I know you will all appreciate:


One more thing.....

A certain someone asked me how I have time to write a blog/make meals. For me, it's a hobby-I'm just doing what I love, despite being a very busy girl. Getting this question made me think that at some point, I'd love to do a "reader's questions" post. I enjoy getting questions and trying to answer them. So....if you have a question, you can either comment or send me an e-mail at abinns3142@aol.com. When I have enough questions, I'll do a post about it!


Question of the Day
What makes you beautiful?

I would like to preface this by saying that everyone is beautiful, but it's up to you to see it and recognize it. What makes me beautiful? I think it's my personality and my smile.

Have a fantastic Thursday!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

I love chicken pot pie and I love this post :)

I love my sense of humor and that I can make people laugh. It makes me happy.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Brandi!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite winter meals...the WW version looks really good.

I emailed you some questions =)

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

awesome blog today!!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much, Gina!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

I love chicken pot pie too and you are the best!!!