Friday, October 23, 2009

When the Husband's Away....

...the baker comes out to play!  Now, I very loosely use the term "baker."  I wanted something to do while I was waiting for the husband to come home from work, so I found a healthy cookie recipe and started to bake away.  The recipe called for walnuts, but I didn't have any, so I put in a few chopped dates.  I was so excited when I found them at Aldi's for $1.49 a bag!
















Dry ingredients in the bowl
















 Before going into the oven









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All finished!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A closer look
 
I'm not a huge fan of keeping cookies and cakes around the house because I go through them too fast. I loved that I was able to get a decent sized cookie out of this dough.  Too often, lower fat cookies tend to be smaller in size-definitely not the case with these guys! 
 
What I really liked about this cookie was that it wasn't overly sweet.  It wasn't an addicting cookie (like chocolate chip) but it hit the spot. 


One more thing.....

My buddy over at One Healthy Apple gave me the Honest Scrap Award! How cool is she?! 

Here are the rules:

1. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design
2. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
3. Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.

As part of the award, I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself:
 

1.  I love taking pictures but rarely get them developed.
2. I go through tons of phases. Right now I'm in a crocheting phase. I am ridiculously addicted.
3. I can see so much better when I wear my glasses but I hate wearing them.
4. I am a huge hugger. I feel bad when I hug someone who hates to be hugged. It's awkward!
5. I am a multi-tasker and get annoyed when I have to sit still and focus on one thing.
6. I met my husband at a Valentine's Day dance. We were introduced when I gave him a piece of cake.
7.  People ask if I prefer Anne or Anne Marie. I say I don't care, but truthfully, I always prefer Anne Marie.
8.  Marie is not my middle name. Anne Marie is my full first name.
9.  I wish I were more like my mom. She's an amazing woman.
10. I love to sing, but if someone asks me to sing a song, I get awkward and won't do it.


I've seen this award throughout many blogs, so I want to tag all of you!  I love reading all of your blogs, and think you deserve to be celebrated!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of cookie?

I'm a chocolate chip cookie girl all the way.  I will admit that I'm also a huge fan of the peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss in the middle.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip cookies

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

real homemade chocolate chip cookies are the best ,especially right out of the oven.

sam said... Best Blogger Tips

MMM those cookies look delicious.

Yhanks for the kind words yesterday! Boy did I need them!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the award. You deserve it!

Hmm I think I love all cookies equally. I can't think of a favorite, although the double chocolate ones at Subway come pretty close.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I loved reading the 10 things!!

My favourite cookie is also chocolate chip.

mikey said... Best Blogger Tips

PB cookie all the way, lol

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum! Cookies look fabulous and thanks for the shout! My favorite cookie is chocolate chip- undercooked for the full salmonella experience!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

how cute is the fact that you met your hubby at a valentines day dance :) the cookies look amazing as well

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, everyone!