Thursday, October 15, 2009

When All Else Fails.....

....make a quick and easy meal.  That's exactly what I had in mind when I picked up a turkey ham from the supermarket over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I can't find the picture I took.  Something must have gotten lost in the transfer process, but I can tell you that it wasn't that pretty of a picture any way.

Since the turkey ham is already cooked, all I had to do was slice it and put it in the skillet for a few minutes.  Although I like the meal because it is quick, I'd rather have something that I put more effort into, like chicken, ziti or meatloaf.

About a month ago, I tried Chobani yogurt for the first time.  You can read about it here.  I didn't want to give up hope on Greek yogurt, so I decided to buy two more kinds and test them out. 

















Brown Cow


















Oikos

I found out that the key for me is to eat a flavored Greek yogurt and skip the plain.  They are so delicious!!  These two particular flavors had strawberry fruit on the bottom and definitely did not disappoint.  I love the thick consistency - it makes me feel more full than regular yogurt.  My only gripe is the price-we're talking about $1.39 per container!  Because of this, I only stock up when it's on sale.

Question of the Day:
When you are short on time, what's your go-to meal?

A sandwich is the quickest thing for me to make, but if it's dinner, I'll usually cook some of the turkey ham.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I like to either make a Panini or Sauteed some veggies and pair it with some sort of Protein.

You should try Oikos Honey Yogurt =)

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

When I'm short on time I definitely go for the veggies or eggs and turkey sausage! Oh and I always have a roasted turkey on hand as well and I'll dip it in some hummus!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

i love oikos - plain and flavored :)

Favorite quick meals:
leftovers (if we have them)
sandwich
eggs!
breakfast for dinner: oatmeal, eggs, etc

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually make a sandwich or eggs- if all else fails, yogurt and fruit or cereal is a perfect meal!

I still like Trader Joe's plain yogurt. They also carry flavored honey and pomegranate- give those a try!

Meredith said... Best Blogger Tips

I second the Greek yogurt. I also do the cereal with chopped apple when I am in a hurry.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

My favorite quick meal is pancakes or rice and beans.

sam said... Best Blogger Tips

I want to try the oikos so bad but they are soooo expensive!! I need to suck it up and stop being cheep!